Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 AM

109 posts, read 105,678 times

Advertisements

Dealing with the Triangle area specifically, what's in your plans for 2012? What do you want to do this year that you have not done in the past or for a very long time? Is there a place you want to go? Do you plan on making a career change? Will you be moving? What else?

I would like to golf at many of the great golf courses. It's time for more golf and less work.
A career improvement is in the works, one way or another.
More time enjoying the many parks is in the cards.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 09:30 AM

1,357 posts, read 4,027,963 times
Getting married in April (let the stress begin!) at a downtown church I belong to. Hopefully purchasing a house somewhere here in Raleigh when our lease is up in October. Continuing to find ways to enjoy the Triangle on the cheap (loved walking through downtown last night and didn't even spend a penny). Leaving the job just like it is.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:41 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,106 times
Great post!

I'd like to get out and about more in the evenings to take advantage of raleigh/durham/chapel hill events. Ballet, symphony, one of the 'broadway' shows, RBC center, free concerts at Duke, etc. It seems like something always comes up on the calendar to prevent seeing something of interest so I think I need to plan ahead in order to get it on the calendar first!

This area has so much to offer and we get in a rut doing the same ole thing! We made a point of doing lots the first couple of years but have become homebodies in the evenings lately.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:44 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,251 times
Well, I've decided against nursing school and will be going to grooming school in Greensboro soon. I plan on starting my own mobile grooming business soon after. We hope to sell the house this summer and move closer to civilization. And getting married sometime later this year! Certainly a lot going on for us in 2012!

Old 01-01-2012, 10:03 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
After living here for over 35 years, I find that we go to eat at the same restaurants and do the same things over and over again.

Reading all the fun things that are available to do in the area, from the newcomers' point of view, I realized that I need to get out more, WORK LESS, and have more fun!!!

Vicki

Old 01-01-2012, 10:38 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,928,258 times
I hope someday to have a little open spot in the country where I can start a large colony of Purple Martins. Maybe 2012 will be the year. I'm looking around already

Old 01-01-2012, 11:46 AM

273 posts, read 619,190 times
Lived in wake forest for just over a year now............ We've been to a few hockey games, everything in wake forest, and the triangle/glenwood(?) malls......... This year we'd like to see more of downtown raleigh, and more of the six forks/falls nooooose area (I can never spell that one)...

Old 01-01-2012, 12:34 PM

650 posts, read 929,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sowk09 View Post
Getting married in April (let the stress begin!) at a downtown church I belong to. Hopefully purchasing a house somewhere here in Raleigh when our lease is up in October. Continuing to find ways to enjoy the Triangle on the cheap (loved walking through downtown last night and didn't even spend a penny). Leaving the job just like it is.
We are getting married in February. Right now consolidating households. This on has been emptied out for the hardwoods to be refinished Wednesday. She sold her Town home by SAS in 48 hrs. Soon to close end of January. What stress?

Yes, Dear. Yes, Dear.... Do we want to save the old washer or buy a new one? Yes, Dear.

sigh,

supernc

Old 01-01-2012, 04:17 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvNC View Post
I'd like to get out and about more in the evenings to take advantage of raleigh/durham/chapel hill events. Ballet, symphony, one of the 'broadway' shows, RBC center, free concerts at Duke, etc. It seems like something always comes up on the calendar to prevent seeing something of interest so I think I need to plan ahead in order to get it on the calendar first!
There are a lot of Arts-related email lists you can get on to not let those things slip by you. TriangleSings will notify you of choral, opera, and musical events, for one. And most of the local theatres have lists you can get on to be reminded of their upcoming shows.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:06 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,095,324 times
I am going to take my Triangle self and launch a (Triangle-based) web-based business and probably won't have much time for anything else...in the Triangle. (Keeping it local. )

Been working on it off and on since last June. Once launched, it should be very interesting. Sort of like jumping off a cliff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary