U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:45 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,828,327 times

Advertisements

So is the light at the end of the tunnel? or is it an express train coming towards us? In West Cary home building seems to be going gangbusters as builders have got the right price points. I was surprized to read the article on WRAL website about foreclosures increasing by half a percent to 1.87% in the last year for Raleigh - Cary, and to 1.96% for Durham - Chapel Hill.

Triangle mortgage foreclosures increased in October from a year ago, and, at the same time, more homeowners fell behind on their payments, according to numbers released Thursday by real estate tracking firm CoreLogic.

Housing foreclosures, mortgage delinquencies up across region :: WRAL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 06:00 PM

109 posts, read 104,263 times
I have noticed a lot of new or renewed building activity. I can't help but scratch my head and wonder what it is these developers are seeing that I am not.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 PM

24 posts, read 59,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFL View Post
I have noticed a lot of new or renewed building activity. I can't help but scratch my head and wonder what it is these developers are seeing that I am not.
Probably nothing. But that never stopped them in the past from making foolish decisions.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:56 PM

103 posts, read 277,153 times
Quote:
Maybe they are seeing a ton of people relocating and/or relocating to the
Triangle and in the market for new housing? Just my guess.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:57 PM

9,050 posts, read 14,360,790 times
I'm not too surprised to see forclosures going up many banks have been holding back and it will take a long time to work through all of them.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:34 AM

109 posts, read 104,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMortgageGuy View Post
Maybe they are seeing a ton of people relocating and/or relocating to the
Triangle and in the market for new housing? Just my guess.
With over 13,500 homes currently on the market and banks finally getting around to the overdue foreclosures, there must be an awful lot of people relocating here to create a market for that many new homes.

The numbers do not seem to add up.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:14 AM

21,090 posts, read 28,569,484 times
With each new drop in umemployment, we may see increase in foreclosures. People run out of unemployment--drop off the roles--lower the UE rate--increase foreclosure as they can no longer make the mortgage.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:20 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,027,497 times
Quote:
On NPR this morning they were talking about the housing supply being "down" and as a result new building projects have started to increase. The number of houses on the market sure doesn't seem down to me though

Old 01-06-2012, 07:19 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,637,315 times
Housing inventory is down compared to the last few years, but that's more due to listings expiring unsold than sales (which are also lower than previous years). People selling used houses can afford to let the listing expire and wait to sell. Builders don't have that luxury - although I guess they can walk away and let taxpayers bail them out like they have so far so maybe they're not really that dumb after all.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:50 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,924,700 times
The "new homes" and "foreclosed homes" seem like separate markets to me. Many people who move here don't want to buy a foreclosed home and all the baggage that comes with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary