Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2007, 01:11 PM

579 posts, read 2,862,949 times

Advertisements

Here is a neat article I found in the Fuquay local paper. It does highlight how much Fuquay is changing these days. As a resident of FV, myself I was not even aware at how much there really is here and what is open/opening in downtown so I thought newcomers might find this info useful.

Fuquay-Varina Independent: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina News

Here is a map and directory of the downtown area:
Fuquay-Varina Revitalization Association | Downtown Directory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 02:37 PM

709 posts, read 934,224 times
It really is a great place, funny how everyone says cary holly springs and poopoos FV. That is a mistake.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:40 AM

579 posts, read 2,862,949 times
I think in the past Fuquay had a stigma for being really rural and southern. Of course, that is really changing rapidly and there are sections that I don't recognize from 2 years ago anymore. The other issue is the commute to RTP. We don't commute to RTP so for us, it isn't an issue but I could see how it would be for some. For someone who works in Apex or Cary, FV would be a no brainer. I worked in Apex when we moved out here and that was an easy no-traffic, 17 minute commute (of course, nothing beats the 20 foot commute I now have to my office down the hall). We liked HS a lot, too but we felt that since there wasn't much there, we'd either have to drive to Cary or FV for shopping, dining, etc. anyway. That and we got more house, land for less money here in FV. In our price range (150K) there wasn't much to look at anywhere else. Here in FV we got a brand new 4 br 1850 sq ft home. I still think Cary is the prettiest town in whole area and always will but it is considerably more expensive.

PS We even have a billiards hall now! APA Raleigh-Durham, Chapel Hill

Last edited by raccemup; 09-03-2007 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: added

Old 09-04-2007, 10:40 PM

4 posts, read 9,045 times
I'm new to the area and decided to check out Fuquay-Varina for myself. It is a great place! The old-time shops are quaint, reminding me of the renewed downtown areas of Long Island, NY. I'm already committed to a home in Cary, and now wish I had opened my eyes to Fuquay sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary