Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:44 PM

441 posts, read 1,291,336 times

Advertisements

I switch to Direct last month and also switch to a DSL line for about 2 hours, way to slow so I still have TWC for Internet @ $41.99 a month. Love the Direct, they give you all brand new equipment no junk used boxes like TWC that you need to bring back every other month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 08:51 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,537,796 times
I have Directv and ATT naked DSL. Love DirecTV, especially being out of contract with them, was able to get Sunday Ticket for free this year along with $25 off per month. My internet speed actually went up when I moved to DSL because everyone in my neighborhood was using TWC internet and every day from 5-10PM was slow. The cable/satellite companies are desperate for clients as everyone is leaving to go to Hulu/Netflix/etc. Be prepared to switch service providers and you will get great deals, staying with the same supplier over and over and you will receive price increases.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:08 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,543,889 times
We switched our TV from U-Verse to Directv. Keeping U-Verse for our Internet.

Bill went from $93/month with no contract to $41/month for 12 months, then $65/month for the remaining 12 months of the 2 year contract with Directv... And the HD feed is better to boot.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:45 PM

4,252 posts, read 3,170,586 times
I switched from TWC to Direct TV a few years back as my cable bill made a metioric rise to insanity. However I have found the same thing happens with Direct TV after the promo period. I have had a few problems with Direct TV over this time. I spent nearly a year trying to get the $100 rebate for referrel. Lots of excuses and finally they could find my information. They wore me down. Strike 1! I then had an automatic payment problem that I have spent nearly 8 months trying to resolve. I've sent them every piece of information they have requested including a copy of the bill pay check from my bank that shows they cashed it. Still not resolved! Strike 2! They won't match the latest TWC offerning-strike 3! So it looks like I'll be changing back to TWC-for a few years!!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
I'm enjoying DISH. I get my parents got a referral discount and so did I. I kept TWC for internet. I could get a better internet rate, but don't really have the energy to do the song and dance w/ them right now.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:02 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,697,007 times
I love Dish, after three years (out of the sign up deal) I now have the 120 HD package for $40/mo, with the DVR included. Great equipment, great customer service. I don't miss Time Warner at all for cable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary