Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 10:56 PM

600 posts, read 1,221,410 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with North Wake County Baseball or any of the "real" baseball organizations around here? I need to sign up my 7 year old for baseball so just looking for the best option. I am in East Raleigh. We did Raleigh Parks and Rec last year and that is not quite what we are looking for.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 10:12 AM

735 posts, read 1,585,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
Does anyone have any experience with North Wake County Baseball or any of the "real" baseball organizations around here? I need to sign up my 7 year old for baseball so just looking for the best option. I am in East Raleigh. We did Raleigh Parks and Rec last year and that is not quite what we are looking for.
Thanks!
Yes, we sign our son up for it every year and love it. Very organised and competitive.

If you are in East Raleigh you should look up Wilder's Grove. They have a great Baseball program too.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:41 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,655,324 times
Go to www.nctravelbaseball.com. You should be able to find something there.

Hurry, though, teams are finalizing their spring rosters. I would expect you wouldn't find much after February starts.

Another option, if you want to get your feet wet, is to contact the teams and let them know you're willing to sub for a local tournament if they're down a player.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,655,324 times
Oh, and the other thing...try to find an organization that runs Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth rules.

I was shocked at the kids in middle school who didn't know baserunning because they played under Little League rules.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:13 PM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times
We had checked into N. Raleigh and it looked nice but it was too far for us.

West Raleigh is really competitive.

The town leagues definitely leave something to be desired. Hard to find a happy medium.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:54 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,874,126 times
I second Wilder's Grove off New Hope Rd across from Hedingham. They have always had great sports programs for kids. You might also want to check out Knightdale Parks to see if they offer it. And check out this to see if they have any others nearby Directories, Sports Club, Youth Sports Leagues | CarolinaParent.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary