Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 04:35 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,905,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv rapacious View Post
Cabelas was to locate at the 85/40 corner but OC hostility to growth cause them to move on. I heard there were also demands that did not fit into their business model on wages.
Cabelas,GM BP are fantastic community partners that also become destination points and can revitalize entire shopping areas.
How many big box retailers are really "fantastic community partners?" Locally owned stores keep your money in the community versus sending it to HQ or investors. And big box wages aren't subsistence level. Good for Orange County for having standards supported by local residents -- that's what local government and freedom to live where one wants comes in to play.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,155,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
When does the Best Buy that is there now close? I actually bought something there this weekend.

I heard they are simply moving to a different spot, nearby. My guess would be closer to the mall, across Capital....either by WalMart, or Target. There may also be room at the Plantation Shopping center.

I am a bit confused as to why none of these outdoor shops wanted the old "Ashley Furniture" store across the street from Triangle Town center. Th building is huge, and already has that "lodge" look to it. The only drawback would be limited parking. But the Best Buy store has terrible parking...and is VERY small, at 50,000 sq ft. I guess the Triangle was way overdue to be flooded with outdoors shops? There are now 4-5 "coming soon". The 2nd Gander, the 1 or 2 Field & Stream stores and the Cabelas and Bass Pro.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary