Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:20 AM

103 posts, read 213,769 times

Advertisements

I have a 6month old boxer/pit mix who has way too much energy!! I was trying to find a doggie daycare for him or something like that. Somewere we can take him about 2 days a week and he can get some playtime and use up his energy while we are at work. Does anyone know of a good place? I would even take him to someone who has a dog and does it out of there home if it was legit. I saw the one at petsmart hotel and it is right by my job but they said no "bully breeds" so I;m not sure iof they would take him since he is a pitbull mix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 07:48 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,123,491 times
What city do you live in?

Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
What city do you live in?
I didn't even realize I never said. Sorry. I live in Raleigh. I live off of leesville on lake lynn and work on wakeforest rd right inside the belt line. I'm trying to find something close to either of those locations.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:22 AM

5,786 posts, read 6,835,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitb05 View Post
Somewere we can take him about 2 days a week and he can get some playtime and use up his energy while we are at work.
I would look for a dog walker as he will get more continuous exercise vs being in a common area with other dogs. OTOH, the latter may help with socialization.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:29 PM

60 posts, read 108,114 times
I don't know how they feel about pittbull mixes, but try Camp Bow Wow. They have several locations, webcams in all the play areas so you can tune in and check on your dog, and my pug always sleeps pretty hard after a visit to Camp Bow Wow. You'll have to bring your dog in for a free interview where you drop him off, and they see how he does. If he's naughty, he won't be welcome back.

Do you not have time to walk him and take him to a dog-park after work? If not, why did you get a boxer?! Sweet dogs, but holy heck are they full of energy! As the spring gets here, you'll get some extra daylight to take him out post-work.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:16 PM

26 posts, read 70,034 times
I can recommend Dog Diggity in Raleigh (at Glenwood & Ebenezer Church). They do require a "temperament test" but you can ask them for the details of that. We have what we think is a pit/boxer mix (the SPCA told us boxer/lab, but she's definitely pit) and she loves it there! One of the girls who works there (at least when we were there) had her pit there with her, so it's definitely pit-friendly (I think as long as your dog is well-socialized/not aggressive). Anyway, we have used them for both boarding & daycare and she seems to love it! Hope it helps.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:03 PM

286 posts, read 683,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringerb3 View Post
I can recommend Dog Diggity in Raleigh (at Glenwood & Ebenezer Church). They do require a "temperament test" but you can ask them for the details of that. We have what we think is a pit/boxer mix (the SPCA told us boxer/lab, but she's definitely pit) and she loves it there! One of the girls who works there (at least when we were there) had her pit there with her, so it's definitely pit-friendly (I think as long as your dog is well-socialized/not aggressive). Anyway, we have used them for both boarding & daycare and she seems to love it! Hope it helps.
Yep, I second Dog Diggity. I looked at several places for my lab/greyhound mix and picked Dog Diggity because the staff was just so great. My dog loves it there. I have used them for both boarding and daycare. The prices are reasonable and they don't charge extra for anything extra (like petting, attention, outdoor time, etc). They let you bring your own food if you board which for me is a huge plus because he has a temperamental tummy that makes him have diarrhea if he eats different food. Love, love, love Dog Diggity.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:33 AM

481 posts, read 1,082,864 times
That irks me about the stupid bully breed crap! I can't believe they feel that ALL bully breed dogs would cause a problem? I can't tell you how many small dogs I've seen who can be aggressive. They need to see how each individual dog behaves. They normally do a temperament test before a dog can stay so why not see how the dog acts before they pass judgement or bias? Sorry , had to vent....bugs me that those dogs - pit especially are given a bad rap. There are no bad dogs....just bad owners!

Old 01-22-2012, 08:46 AM

60 posts, read 108,114 times
Camp Bow Wow's test visit is for all dogs - even my pug had to do it.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dginnc View Post
I don't know how they feel about pittbull mixes, but try Camp Bow Wow. They have several locations, webcams in all the play areas so you can tune in and check on your dog, and my pug always sleeps pretty hard after a visit to Camp Bow Wow. You'll have to bring your dog in for a free interview where you drop him off, and they see how he does. If he's naughty, he won't be welcome back.

Do you not have time to walk him and take him to a dog-park after work? If not, why did you get a boxer?! Sweet dogs, but holy heck are they full of energy! As the spring gets here, you'll get some extra daylight to take him out post-work.

we were walking him around our lake after work or taking him to the dog park after work but now that it's been colder at night and darker early we can't do as much. Once it's daylight longer it wont be an issue.

I think he'll have no problem with the test. He has lots of energy but isn't mean or anything. He's been socialized and has gottenalong great with every dog he's been around. The only thing that's bad is he not so good at sharing his toys when he's playing with them. Other then that he's friendly just very VERY energetic lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary