Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:47 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,503 times

Advertisements

Helpful links:

WCPSS: Driver Education

Jordan Driving School Raleigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 08:47 AM

387 posts, read 1,045,826 times
I'm confused...don't they teach Driver's Ed in school anymore? We had a class during the school year (10th grade, maybe?) and then during the summer one of the teachers would go around to pick up about 3 kids at a time and let us take turns driving. Then my parents took turns teaching me to drive manual (because that's the only car we had).

ETA:
Oh, I see...the poster above me posted at the same time. So WCPSS contracts it out and parents have to pay a fee?

Old 08-16-2013, 12:11 PM

137 posts, read 306,353 times
I think the original poster (as am I) were looking for a driving school for teens AFTER they have completed driver's ed at the school. Jordan Driving School only covers the classroom and few hours on the road, to lead up to getting a permit.

I am looking for a driving school that will help my son obtain part of his 60 hour requirement for getting a license. Some parents have more patience for it than others.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:16 PM

25 posts, read 19,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Congrats on your daughter's birthday! They grow up so fast...I have my own daughter and can't believe she's almost 3 already.

Please please please try to sign her up for our upcoming Street Survival teen driving school. This is stuff that should be required to learn, but most parents themselves don't know.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....14531756DF9518

I'll be at the event. I used to help run it in the past, but am now just a consultant of sorts.
+1 for teen driving schools. Another organization is www.teendrivingsolutions.org which run two-day parent/teen courses at VIR. I wanted my teen to be able to learn how to handle out of control situations with an instructor beside her. Driving out of a skid, two wheels off, emergency avoidance etc don't get taught in drivers ed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary