Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:16 AM

8 posts, read 10,461 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are trying to find the neighborhood that we visited back in mid 2009. This was one of the places we've visited while we were shopping for a new house back then. Unfortunately, I do not remember where it was or what the name was.

I've looked at several free "home buyer's magazines" that are usually at the grocery stores. This is how we found the neighborhood initially back in 2009. I reviewed them and even drove to couple of places that looked familiar but no luck so far. I believe the builder and/or neighborhood name may have changed.

Here's what I do know/remember:

1. It is located in Durham county. I specifically remember looking up the school system the neighborhood was "zoned in." I remember it being horrible - one of the worst in the area, if I recall.

2. Starting price was in the high 200s or low 300s. Probably closer to low 300s.

3. It was a new neighborhood. Back in 2009 (June/July), the neighborhood was not 100% complete. I want to say maybe 40% complete. There was a sales office (model home) right in front, when you pulled into the neighborhood. The sales office was in the garage portion of the house.

4. Homes were bigger and had more bedrooms than comparably priced units "in the triangle". I believe most plans had 4+ bedrooms. Many of them with 5 bedrooms. 2 car garage. I do not recall seeing a ranch-style. Most were 2 stories high. I remember thinking it was "more house for the money."

5. Back in mid 2009, it did not have a pool/club house. The sales map showed the potential location for it. The agent noted that they had a plan for it but was not 100% confirmed at that time. I remember thinking that it was odd - "are you going to have it or no?"

6. The builder did not have a "stellar" online rating. Again, I do not remember the name of the builder but the rating was average at best. I want to say the name started with an "F" but this hasn't helped me one bit looking through those home magazines. haha. The original builder may not be involved with the neighborhood.

7. The neighborhood did have some elevation changes throughout. I remember looking at one potential lot and thought "man, the house behind this can totally look down everything."

That's all I can remember for now. Any suggestions on where to look?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 09:36 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
not a clue. Your Realtor will be happy to help though, since it sounds like everything else involved, you'd like to buy a home there.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:43 AM

Thanks for your reply Bo.

Actually, we've purchased a home in Cary in the same time period. And unfortunately, the visit to this Durham neighborhood was "on our own" weeks before we started working with an agent.

We just want to visit the neighborhood and see how it looks now. It's been bugging us for a while. We have some friends that may relocate to the area and wanted them to check it out, too.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,912,710 times
Brightleaf at the Park off US 70, by chance?

Old 02-01-2012, 12:59 PM

The name doesn't sound familiar but I might swing by and check it out. Can't really feel it by looking at the website.

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2012, 02:39 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
Could it be Grandale? there are a few homes for sale in their in the $300's.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:44 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Could it be Grandale? there are a few homes for sale in their in the $300's.
Grandale had their pool in place well before the OP visited in 2009.

I'm with BCR, thinking Brightleaf in the Park.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:44 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,473,821 times
Sounds very KB-home-ish. You might try their website?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:50 PM

387 posts, read 1,045,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull City Rising View Post
Brightleaf at the Park off US 70, by chance?
That was my guess too. It's within spitting distance of East Durham (a bad part of town). On Hwy 70 near the entrance to the neighborhood, there's a pawn shop and an erotic toy store.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
Sounds very KB-home-ish. You might try their website?
Definitely not KB homes for sure. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary