Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 PM

527 posts, read 686,817 times

Advertisements

I live around the NC State area, so the HTs on Oberlin are the ones I usually frequent. Generally, HT is a little more pricy, but I usually enjoy their customer service.

Lately, I've noticed that their attention to customer services hasfallen by the wayside. Rude clerks, sometimes the store looks dirty, and today, when I asked a worker where something was, she simply stated "I have no idea what you're talking about". Maybe I've been spoiled by the nice people at Whole Foods, but I'm really surprised by the decline. Is it just me? Or has Harris Teeter's attention to customer service declined?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,155,524 times
That Harris Teeter has always been hit or miss. The HT on Tryon Road mostly has great customer service though there's one or two cashiers that are kind of rude.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:44 PM

162 posts, read 460,900 times
The Harris Teeters that I frequent have excellent customer service. They are at Cameron Village and the one on Guess Road in Durham. The manager is obviously not on the ball at that particular store you are going to. You should complain to that manager's higher ups.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:46 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
I go in the HT at Glenwood and Oberlin (the little Teeter) between 3 and 5 times a week and never have an issue, other than their selection is understandably not the same as the Cameron Village one.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:46 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
All is well at the Harris Teeter in North Raleigh on Falls of Neuse north of I-540. Anybody else notice they are expanding the store. Looks to be HUGE!

Old 02-14-2012, 07:48 PM

441 posts, read 1,291,912 times
We go to the Harris Teeter in Wake Forest and the service is always exceptional, they always bag and offer to load the car - managers are always helping out staff and open lines if it's more than two deep. This is a very busy store so there is always a lot of staff.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:50 PM

459 posts, read 757,593 times
Love the Harris Teeter at Walnut St and Tryon Rd.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 PM

441 posts, read 1,291,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
All is well at the Harris Teeter in North Raleigh on Falls of Neuse north of I-540. Anybody else notice they are expanding the store. Looks to be HUGE!
There is a HT in Greensboro that is huge about 3 times the size of the normal HT - really nice store - in the Friendly Center

Old 02-14-2012, 09:02 PM

809 posts, read 2,188,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Hey, NRG. My mom loves, loves, LOVES, HT on Falls of Neuse. It used to drive me crazy because the prices are higher, BUT, the times I've gone with her I realized very quickly it's worth every cent. The employees always greet her with her first name and treat her as a human being, not a very elderly person she is.

The last few times I have gone there with her, I paid special attention to her and her interactions with staff. What I saw (tears now) is a woman that walked in hunched over and feeling and invisible and walking out feeling acknowledged, appreciated and SEEN. I could literally see the change in her. Most places she goes treat her like she is invisible or a nuisance. Not at HT on FON. She comes out with a smile on her face and looking 30 years younger then when she walked in.

People, please don't treat the elderly as if they are an annoyance or "used up". They're not.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:33 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,269 times
I go to the Harris Teeter on Green Level in West Cary. The service at this store is ok but they keep changing managers every 2 months or so. There are a couple of cashiers that are super friendly. The thing I noticed most about this HT in particular is they have expired stuff on the shelf. Especially the bread. I always checked the dates anyway when I buy stuff but to see expired stuff on a regular basis is quite annoying! It happens with the pre-packaged lunch meats too. I have mentioned it to the managers many times but it doesn't change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary