Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 PM

804 posts, read 2,003,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
I'm a big fan of the Busy Bee Cafe in Raleigh and if the weather is nice tomorrow they have a separate upstairs called the Hive which has a roof deck. Not a fancy place but great for a casual date and the Loaded Tot Burger is awesome.
agreed - although i will note that i personally will only go there during lunch if i have to sit inside (it gets superloud at night) or lunch/dinner when it's warm enough for the hive. the acoustics are just not particularly conducive to converstaion otherwise (in my opinion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 12:56 PM

725 posts, read 1,499,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDeLoop View Post
agreed - although i will note that i personally will only go there during lunch if i have to sit inside (it gets superloud at night) or lunch/dinner when it's warm enough for the hive. the acoustics are just not particularly conducive to converstaion otherwise (in my opinion).
Good to know, I've never been there on the weekends actually. I think I've only been in on Monday or Tuesday nights.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:26 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
I like all the suggestions made so far. Sara P Duke Gardens makes for a grea walk. Never been to a Canes game but hear they are lots of fun.

Restaurant wise all of the suggestions made so far are great choices. One other place I recently tried in Durham is Dos Perros. It is a nice Mexican Restaurant (they take reservations) in the heart of downtown. It is a little pricey (dinner entrees are $16-$22) but the food is excellent and they have an outstanding rare beer list if you are into beers.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:06 PM

36 posts, read 102,460 times
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and including the links! Really appreciated!

Old 02-17-2012, 03:36 PM

43 posts, read 112,392 times
one of our favorite things to do is to take the R-line around downtown raleigh. we stop, have a drink and an appetizer, get on and roll to the next part of town and do it again... we usually stop at Glenwood south, at the warehouse district, and then again at the moore square/hargett/wilmington st area...

Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 PM

448 posts, read 851,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
What day is this? If it's tomorrow, and if you enjoy this sort of thing, I can't recommend this enough:
Go swing dancing!

They do this every other week. The wife and I had a date night two weeks ago where MIL watched the baby. We went for the first time and it was awesome. We have done some dancing before but not a lot, so we went to the beginner lesson which helped a lot. They do this every other Saturday and there is live music every time!
A bit off topic but thanks for the suggestion. My husband and I are looking to do some swing dance lessons when I finally move there in June. I will have to remember this when the time comes .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary