Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:00 AM

240 posts, read 559,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Sounds like someone has a personal vendetta.
Personally, I don't know how anybody could love the Rialto (Diablo) theater or that part of Raleigh, and think it's great. The only thing about that nauseating Diablo theater I don't hate is the building itself.

The things they do with these old theaters (i.e. renovations, manager/owner [more like dictator] change, eccentric, obnoxious, crowds; etc.) sometimes really cracks me up

I am very sorry, but that is far from what I consider ''great'' IMO. I think I will go to Regal Cinemas from now on. Sometimes, even they have independent/foreign films and RHPS (like the Diablo does), and you can earn point towards free stuff. The Diablo should be closed down and be converted into something else. I also hate the parking situation in that part of town but I won't get into that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayantsi View Post
the whole area is a mess of roadways, poor traffic engineering, and too much traffic. 90% of the traffic is simply passing through, but there are five lights on glenwood in the distance of a mile and they are terribly timed.
thank you!!!

Old 09-02-2012, 10:30 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rialto theater! But seriously folks, if you go into Crabtree "the back way" there are usually no problems! It's so easy!

Old 09-02-2012, 01:57 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rialto theater! But seriously folks, if you go into Crabtree "the back way" there are usually no problems! It's so easy!
What's the back way, exactly?

I don't go to Crabtree for the same reasons as a lot of us... traffic is not crazy but it is messy. I will go out of my way to avoid the Crabtree area. Also, the mall is just not attractive to me in general. I prefer to go to Southpoint in Durham as I live up by the airport.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:15 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Edwards Mill or Blue Ridge Road entrances.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:41 AM

46 posts, read 79,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
The whole area is a mess of roadways, poor traffic engineering, and too much traffic. 90% of the traffic is simply passing through, but there are five lights on Glenwood in the distance of a mile and they are terribly timed.
I agree and that gets very frustrating. Maybe thats why people are getting road rage lol. I personally don't see any road rage and I drive that way everyday.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
What's the back way, exactly?

I don't go to Crabtree for the same reasons as a lot of us... traffic is not crazy but it is messy. I will go out of my way to avoid the Crabtree area. Also, the mall is just not attractive to me in general. I prefer to go to Southpoint in Durham as I live up by the airport.
You really hit the nail in the head with that one. Crabtree Valley Mall (and that entire part of Raleigh in general) totally blows. Crabtree is just too darn old. They seem to think that a huge renovation project is the solution to make it better but I disagree - it's still thumbs down. I do admit, however, that CVM used to be better; but, after they took out some of my favorite retailers, it has become my least favorite

Old 09-10-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleighman View Post
I agree and that gets very frustrating. Maybe thats why people are getting road rage lol. I personally don't see any road rage and I drive that way everyday.
Oh, YES!!! Road rage is a HUGE and growing problem in this day and age. It is reasons as such that I try to stay away from cars. There are many stresses in everyday life and I don't need bad drivers (who seriously have NO business being behind the wheel of a vehicle) to add to the madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary