U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:24 PM

210 posts, read 708,957 times

Advertisements

Looking for opinions on Bedford Estates in North Raleigh. Any thoughts? Thanks...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 PM

310 posts, read 1,657,029 times
I like the houses there, but I don't like the location. There are two houses that I really liked very much, but they are out of my range. The thing I hate the most is the location. It is all the way back in the development and it takes up to 10 minutes to get out of the subdivision. The first time I went there to see the houses, I couldn't locate them even with a GPS.

Most houses there have been posted for sale for over 8 months, and the price have been reduced by about 25K. If you like it, you should be able to get a good deal now as the builders are aching to unload them.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:59 PM

693 posts, read 2,657,620 times
what is the price range of those houses?

Old 09-06-2007, 07:31 PM

Thanks. Why aren't they selling? Are they just too highly priced for being in this community? They are priced anywhere from 7's to 1M.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 14,085 times
Default I live there

We live in the estates and it's great. Yes, a little out of the way, but that makes for quiet and safe roads. The lots are reasonable size and there is a nice variety of home styles.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 PM

There seems to be a lot sitting on the market in there, the houses look beautiful so I don't understand why they are sitting on the market. And, also, I read on here about the quarry being a problem for the estates section. Do you ever feel the blasts?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:25 PM

39,575 posts, read 68,632,262 times
The mortgage snafu has impacted the JUMBO market more than the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac market.
Rates on loans over $417,000 got unfriendly to Buyers.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:30 PM

9,761 posts, read 28,748,673 times
Just an FYI here:

The City of Raleigh has plans to extend a Greenway Trail from Falls Lake down to Perry Creek Road. The Greenway will travel along the Neuse River which runs benhind the Estate Section of Bedford. Below is an aerial photo I grabbed from google maps showing the general area of Bedford Estates (Blue Teardrop marker) and the general path of the greenway (Blue Line). This is just my interpretation of the greenway location. If you want the official map follow this link: http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_102345_0_0_18/Public_Mtg_March_21_2007.pdf (broken link)

Construction of this first portion of the greenway is set to begin in Jnauary 2008 and will be completed by January 2009. I think having the greenway is a HUGE plus to living in Bedford.

Just thought you would like to know since you are gathering info on Bedford.

FWIW you can see the quarry with regards to it's location to the Estate Section in the Aerial Map Below.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:41 PM

This was interesting, thank you for taking the time to fill me in on the greenway. You said, "I think having the greenway is a HUGE plus to living in Bedford." I can see that point of view, but how would you feel if your house backed to the greenway and you were priced where Bedford Estates is priced?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:53 PM

9,761 posts, read 28,748,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiatorSprings View Post
This was interesting, thank you for taking the time to fill me in on the greenway. You said, "I think having the greenway is a HUGE plus to living in Bedford." I can see that point of view, but how would you feel if your house backed to the greenway and you were priced where Bedford Estates is priced?

It definitely comes down to how each person feels about it. I went to a public hearing a few months ago concerning this Greenway. There were many Bedford residents at the meeting (They identified themselves). There were even a few Bedford Estate residents there. Some loved the idea while others were not so sure. I think the residents who lived in the Estate Section were happy to learn that the access easement to the greenway will not be located in the Estate Section of Bedford.

FWIW, I do not know if any estate homes will back right up to the greenway. The Neuse River has environmental regulations that require at least a 50' vegetated buffer on both sides of the river. I do not know exactly how the greenway will be placed along the river. There may be a lot of forest between the greenway and any house in Bedford. Some houses may be more directly affected than others. Something to keep in mind if it is an issue of concern to you. I'm sure you could find out the specifics if you talk to the city.

Good luck with everything!

For More Information Contact:
Victor Lebsock
Park and Greenway Planner
Parks and Recreation Department
222 West Hargett Street, Suite 608
Raleigh, NC 27602
919-890-3285
City of Raleigh | Upper Neuse River Greenway (http://www.raleigh-nc.org/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_306_209_0_43/http%3B/pt03/DIG_Web_Content/category/Leisure/Park_and_Greenway_Planning/Current_Projects/Cat-MCH-2007221-162955-Upper_Neuse_River_Greenw.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary