Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:29 AM

114 posts, read 429,980 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had experince with Providence Baptist on Glenwood? I understand it is a good place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 03:59 PM

14 posts, read 50,722 times
Sorry Crosspointe Church was too far. The easiest way to get there would be to take 540 and get off at Hwy 55 and then turn onto Carpenter Fire station Rd. Or as some of you mentioned....listen online. I also think there is a church similar called Lifepointe Church in Raleigh. Check it out. Good luck!

Old 10-11-2008, 04:04 PM

14 posts, read 50,722 times
Check out either Crosspointe Church in Cary or Lifepointe Church in Raleigh

Old 10-12-2008, 06:48 PM

20 posts, read 88,973 times
Thanks pinkiebear. I may check into Lifepointe. So far the church I'm leaning towards is Celebration Family Church here in Raleigh. The people are friendly, there's lots of ministries, and very culturally diverse. I've been there several times within the past month. But I haven't ruled anything out and will continue to keep my options open. Calvary Chapel in Apex is also another church that I enjoy visiting.

On an earlier post I heard someone say some good things about Raleigh Vineyard Church. That may be another church I'll visit. So the search continues...I'm praying that I'll find a church home by the end of the year.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:55 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
I'm looking for a Sunday evening service, preferably somewhere in the Cary/Morrisville/Apex area. Any suggestions?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 PM

44 posts, read 125,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina chick View Post
I have understood that Journey Church is good. Journey Church - Raleigh, North Carolina - Home Never been myself though. I have seen the commercials. They have sermons online as well.
We went to Journey for the first time last weekend, and LOVED it. When we lived in Eastern NC, we tried about 5 different churches...... none were "perfect", but we ended up always going back to the one that was closest to what we liked. Journey was everything that we've been looking for. Great worship band, very dynamic and engaging pastor. I don't think we need to "church shop" any more..... we can't wait to go back to Journey this coming weekend.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 10,090 times
Church Alive is a Spirit filled Church in north Fuquay Varina...they used to be in Holly Springs but bought an older building. They have vibrant and expressive worship and the teaching is passionately biblical. They also have a Saturday night service at 6pm and a Sunday service at 10am.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:42 PM

2 posts, read 10,090 times
Church Alive is a dynamic Spirit filled church in north Fuquay Varina. I believe that they used to meet in a school in Holly Springs but recently bought an older church building....the worship is dynamic and expressive, the preaching is passionately biblical and the children's ministry is amazing. I would check it out.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:50 AM

20 posts, read 88,973 times
Also Hope Community Church (on the Raleigh/Cary border) has a 6p.m. evening service on Saturdays. I attended that service a month ago. It's a big church. The teaching was very good and biblical.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:30 PM

19 posts, read 78,491 times
HeelMac, how big is Church Alive. Do they have very many young adults?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary