Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 05:52 PM

140 posts, read 1,653,909 times

Advertisements

@tluehrs1, have you visited C3 Church in Clayton? While they did not exhibit some pentacostal-type spirit-filled behaviors when we tried them out, they have a great attitude and the worship is exciting, triumphant, and exuberant. If your worship style was more physical, I'm sure you'd be fine there.

If you live in that area, I would recommend visiting a few times. If for nothing else than to be able to direct people to them if that might be a good church for them.

I did feel that the sermons were more geared for entry to mid-level learners, which is why we left, but everything else was good in my book. I did get the sincere, humble, yet hopeful and vibrant vibe from the pastor and his staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 10:00 PM

20 posts, read 88,973 times
Greetings everyone. Like most people on this thread, I am looking for a church home myself. I was a member of a great spirit-filled church in Goldsboro. However because of the distance and my work schedule, I had to leave and look for a church in this area. I have visited several churches in the Raleigh area. Thanks to reading many replies on this thread, I've been considering visiting some of the churches that have been mentioned. I'm mostly looking for a multi-cultural Church that has a heart for God, His Word, and for people and the community.

Has anyone visited Celebration Family Church on Gresham Lake Rd? I've seen their webpage and it seems to be a great church. By what I've seen on their webpage, it seems as if they something I may be looking for.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:18 PM

19 posts, read 78,491 times
Hurricane, yes, we've been to C3 church several times. Our 19 year old daughter kind of likes it there, which we may just end up there for her sake. The one thing that bothered me the most is that they can cram baptism, praise and worship, sermon, offering and announcements all in 1 hour on a Wednesday night. Sunday seems pretty much the same. I guess I'm just used to a spirit filled church. I believe you know what I'm talking about in that sense. When there are so many services, you just have to cut the leading of the Holy Spirit off to get to the next service.....
God will lead us. I know he didn't move us down here and just dropped us off!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:20 PM

Dagman, what city do you live in? I moved here 2 years ago from Ohio.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 AM

I am living in Raleigh. I've been living in Raleigh for about 5 years.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:24 PM

60 posts, read 215,091 times
Default Spirit-filled in Durham

Dagman, Evangel Assembly of God is a spirit-filled, multicultural church that seems to exactly fit what you're looking for. The pastor and various international speakers, the sermons and children's programs, the fellowship meals and community outreach are all excellent. It's located just off US70 along Lynn Road in Durham, and if you can make the drive I think you'd find it'd be well worth the trip. God bless you.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 PM

Thank you Citizen Matt. I will certainly look in to it. I've visited a number of churches in the area, particularly in Raleigh. The following is a list of some of the churches that I have visited and my worship experience observations of each church:

1. Calvary Chapel Cary (actually located in Apex)- I've visited there several times. Love the verse by verse teaching of the Bible. Pastor Rodney is an awesome teacher. It has a nice praise band. The music is not what I'm used to (I'm a gospel music person) but nonetheless it's nice worship music. I found the worship isn't as free as I am used to, but that's fine. We all worship in our own way. This is a multicultural church which I LOVE.

2. Journey Church- I've visited this church 3 times. Lively worship music. The band is great. A bit to "hard rock-ish" for me. The people who greet you at the front door are SUPER nice. Made you feel right at home. The Pastor of that church uses various mediums to illustrate his sermons (videos, props, etc..). His sermons usually deal with everyday life situations, which I like. Furthermore he always took his examples back to the Bible. The thing I found rather unusual was the way they served communion. It was located in the corner of the church and you can serve yourself at any time during the service. It's a nice church overall, but I may not consider it to be a possible church home.

3. Hope Community Church- I went during one of their Saturday evening services. This church is HUGE. The staff were friendly. I really liked the sermon. However, the congregation is not very responsive to the word... VERY quiet. Not a bad thing, but I'm used to hearing "amens." Nevertheless the Word was preached and I was blessed. I did feel that the service was rushed. Besides that, the only drawback was the size of the church (BIG I say). However they do have small groups for members to join. It is also multicultural with LOTS of ministries that are community based.

4. Connections Church- The members and staff were both friendly. During the 2 times I visited the church, the pastor was very engaging to the congregation. At the beginning of his sermons, he started each sermon by encouraging members to have a dialogue about the topic. This seems to be a growing church and may pay them another visit. They are multicultural and very welcoming.

Ok.. those are some of the churches that I've visited this past summer. Hopefully my observations of the churches that I've mention may help those of you who are looking for a church as well... I know the suggestions posted on here previously has really helped me. Let's continue to dialogue!

Old 09-21-2008, 06:28 AM

Couldn't respond cuz I couldn't remember my password. Stinks to get "older"...so, have you made a decision on a church? I think we may visit Connections.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:58 PM

Hello tluehrs1.... what did you think about Connections Church? I visited there. The people there are VERY friendly. The congregation is multi-cultural, which is what I like. Pastor Fred Turner is very personable. What was your take on it?
As for me, I've been visiting Celebration Family Church. The people are very friendly. It is very multicultural (YES). So I may pray about it and strongly consider this church as my church home. However I have not ruled out other possibilities.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:46 PM

Dagman, I thought the church was ok. I have a daughter that's 19 and is struggling spiritually and I don't feel they have a lot for young people of that age bracket, so will probably not end up there. Where is Celebration Family Church? I hope to find a spirit filled church within 15 miles from home as we have always been very involved with church. Have you ever visited Charisma Church in Cary? We went there a while back but it's too far away. It's spirit filled and multi-cultural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary