Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:48 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,865 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what's going on over there? It looks like Around The World Market has closed - I haven't seen a car there in ages, but yesterday, the lights were on in that vacant part of the building and now a sign is up that says "Second Chance Grocery"...curious.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 02:26 PM

725 posts, read 1,500,840 times
I too am curious.

My wife is getting nervous. I am already an Aldi's shopper and when I mentioned this place she changed the subject.

That building is still in Apex so I looked on the Apex town site and didn't find anything on the development map.

I noticed that the building sign said "Nico's" and did find an old listing on this site -

Entrepreneur Connect Profile, Robert Nicopolis

Last edited by boardmember10000; 02-26-2012 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-26-2012, 02:47 PM

So it'll probably be items that are past their sell by date?

Old 02-26-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
So it'll probably be items that are past their sell by date?
A 2nd Chance grocery is not just expired (or close to expired) but also a bent and dent. Cans with some dents, boxes rough around the edges.

Looks like there is a website under construction -

Home - NICO'S SECOND CHANCE GROCERY

Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 PM

397 posts, read 805,484 times
I just cleaned out 2 old storage units in the 'springs on Sunday and drove past there. Saw the same thing.

I can't see a place like that making much $ or staying in business long.

How much money can you make selling damaged groceries?

So many people have tried to make that location work with something, and they all go out of business shortly there after.

H.S. can use a bit of an image boost, and selling 2nd chance groceries ain't gonna do much good.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperryrocks View Post

H.S. can use a bit of an image boost, and selling 2nd chance groceries ain't gonna do much good.
It's actually in Apex!

Old 02-27-2012, 06:55 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,188,845 times
It is such an out of the way place. I can see how businesses fail quickly in that location.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,654,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperryrocks View Post

I know, we could really use some more drug stores or fast food joints. [/sarcasm]

I don't see why a store like this wouldn't have a chance - especially in this economy. Personally I don't care for shopping in stores like this or Aldi, but I could see it being a benefit for the family with a laid off parent, or struggling twenty-somethings. I'd rather see a store like this open than another Walgreens.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:13 AM

I would LOVE to see a Dunkin Donuts there, or a really good gas station like "Sheetz" where you can get coffee and sandwiches etc.....Or if a WaWa would move from New Jersey - that would be perfect!!!
I'd probably shop at the 2nd Chance Grocery - I love stores like that...and for me it's really convenient as I"m always turning off the Bypass right there...

Old 02-28-2012, 06:35 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times
Default acutally

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
I know, we could really use some more drug stores or fast food joints. [/sarcasm]

I don't see why a store like this wouldn't have a chance - especially in this economy. Personally I don't care for shopping in stores like this or Aldi, but I could see it being a benefit for the family with a laid off parent, or struggling twenty-somethings. I'd rather see a store like this open than another Walgreens.
Actually since the economy is bad, it is the reason that a store like that could work (some people are losing everything), but not there.

ditto on the fast food or drug stores. Problem is, everytime I go past a fast food store, there are always lines there. That area seems to have alot of them (FV and HS).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary