Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 01:20 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,803 times

Advertisements

Margaux's is another great choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 01:29 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,154,735 times
Quote:
Battistella (have not been but looks good!)
When it was at Crabtree it was great. I would think the downtown location would be great as well.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:01 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times
I think Sitti is a particularly good choice. They take reservations (you can make them via Open Table on their web site), and have a large communal table. When I go with friends, we like to get several of the hot and cold mezze plates and share. It's a great way to sample a lot of different dishes.

Beasley's Chicken & Honey: the food is good, but the seating is VERY uncomfortable - hard stools with no backs. If you're looking for a place where you can relax and sit back, this is not the place. Here's a picture of the seating to give you an idea. They also do not take reservations.

If you're interested in Thai food, Sawasdee is a great choice. For large groups, I'd recommend the Glenwood Avenue location; the one on Capital is pretty small. If you're anywhere near Wake Forest, Thai Cafe is also a good choice, and I think they could easily seat a large group.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
having heard Sawasdee ( a good choice!) I am reminded also that you'd probably have a good time at Taverna Agora, also on Glenwood.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:13 PM

51 posts, read 112,287 times
Tosca Brava. Amazing food, eccentric owner. Come in with an open mind.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:36 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskb View Post
Jibarra
Mandolin
Poole's Diner
Chuck/Beasley's Chicken & Honey/Fox Liquor Bar
18 Seaboard
Buku
Battistella (have not been but looks good!)
An
Bella Monica
Saint Jacques
Waraji
Sitti
Seoul Garden
J. Betski

There are also many many Durham restaurants that are worth the extra time to drive! But that's another list....
Great list! Definitely call to make reservations if you can!
Others include

Caffe Luna - Raleigh
Bella Mia - Cary
David's Dumpling and Noodle Bar - Raleigh
Casa Carbone - Raleigh
Inchin's Bamboo Garden - Morrisville (Indian/Chinese fusion...I usually just get a lot of appetizers)
Kanki - Raleigh (local chain...best of the Japanese Steakhouses in the Triangle)
Lilly's Pizza - Raleigh
Margaux's - Raleigh
Porter's City Tavern - Raleigh
Sawasdee Thai - Raleigh 2 Locations
Fleming's Steakhouse -Raleigh (Chain)
Brio Tuscan Grill - Raleigh (chain)
Tribeca Tavern - Raleigh/Cary (local chain)
Udupi Cafe - Cary (vegetarian)
The Pit - Downtown Raleigh
Daniel's - Apex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary