Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 AM

146 posts, read 295,107 times

Advertisements

I have TWC bundle for phone, internet, TV. I received my billing statement yesterday and it has increased $50/month. My new bill is $200/month. Is that reasonable?

I've been with TWC for ages and know nothing about what other options are out there for internet, TV, or phone.

What do others use? Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 06:46 AM

130 posts, read 503,457 times
I would call TWC Customer Service – usually they are good about lowering your rate if you call them but that generally sets you up on another contract…

Old 04-27-2012, 06:50 AM

25 posts, read 52,308 times
I always call and talk to the retention department. They always lower it for a year and then you will need to call back. I have never had a contract.
We have Direc TV for cable but use TW for phone and cable.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:04 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,142,685 times
At $200/month, I sure hope you have Signature Home Service!

There have been many discussions of options for service, bundles, etc, and you can see many of them in the "Similar Threads" list at the bottom of the page. And the list changes with each link you click.

Here's one:
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...me-warner.html

Old 04-27-2012, 08:10 AM

146 posts, read 295,107 times
I'm on the phone with them right now (on hold and decided to give update). First person transferred me to the retention department. Retention department essentially said there was nothing they could do to change price right now, but "a wide array of pricing options MIGHT become available in the future" - but she couldn't tell me when or what those might be!! That was the standard line even after I told her I would be hanging up and starting the process of switching to other carriers/services.

I took one last try at this, asking to talk to a supervisor. The representative told me that a supervisor would tell me the exact same thing and there was no use in talking with a supervisor. I insisted. I was put on a long hold and the representative came back to tell me that supervisor was on a call and couldn't talk with me - BUT, the supervisor had given her permission to start me on another one year contract with no price increase.

Bottom line - don't give up! This was a 20 minute + phone call, but it's saving me $50 month.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:27 AM

699 posts, read 1,706,578 times
Same thing happened when we tried to figure out what our bill would be when the year was up on the bundle price. Several TW reps, including two from retention, stated that we would have to wait until the year was up to see what deals would be available.

Not wanting to pay $200/month, I called ATT. They came out and switched us over. For the same price we had been paying, we get internet, phone, and cable boxes in three rooms instead of one, all with DVR. (Unfortunately, they still have not buried the cable in our backyard. But that's a tale for another time.)

A week after we started with ATT, TW called and offered us an $89/month bundle. Significantly less than we had been paying prior to this and no contract involved either.

By then we were set up with ATT and did not want to switch back. But I was astounded that given what a "valuable customer" I was that they didn't want to lose, why did they not make this offer earlier when I would have stayed with them?

Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 AM

342 posts, read 872,464 times
Deals always get better with Time Warner after you cancel. If you can go a day or two without cable, you will get a good deal. This prevents you from having to to another provider if you are just happy with Time Warner.

Personally I wish I had a better internet option and I would get rid of them completely, but that is how it goes.

Also for anyone interested. I use OOMA for home phone and have been super happy. Just just pay taxes for the phone and it is less than $4 I think it is per month. This would save you even more off of your Time Warner bill if you can get them to drop you to Cable / Internet only. Just another option to throw out there.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:43 AM

7,149 posts, read 4,743,435 times
I got the same thing from the retention dept. last week. They said a supervisor was not available, would tell me the same thing as he was saying which was they cannot change the price. I insisted that a supervisor call me back and so far no one has returned my call. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be calling them yet again!
Maybe I'll just disconnect my cable.
Thanks!
toodie

Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,623,048 times
Keeping calling back - my first call to retention got me nowhere (they kept trying to upsell me and INCREASE my bill). Called back a second time and got the same bundle for $126/month (had been $99 with the promo) instead of the $200+ I was billed.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:23 PM

273 posts, read 562,785 times
I went through this recently with TWC. I had digital cable and RR. I cut my bill from $123/month to $57 for two years with no contract. I got nowhere with retention dept. I put in a request to have my service cancelled but had the cancellation date out a week. I got a call that night with a rate of $57. I took it and stayed with them. I almost went with DTV but glad i held off on buying their bundle. You can always put in a cancel request for a week out and see if they call to lower it more. If not then cancel the cancel request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary