Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times

Advertisements

Considering home purchase in the subdivision and want to be sure that the dog is as happy as we think we would be. So where and how far is the nearest off leash dog park?

AND where is the nearest lake for fishing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 PM

7 posts, read 13,313 times
We don't have a dog (yet), so I don't know too much about the dog park, but the Umstead State Park is really close by and offers fishing. More info below:

N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation: William B. Umstead State Park - Activities

Old 03-24-2012, 07:50 AM

Thanks, CLH. Can anyone supply information about a nearby off leash dog park?

Old 03-25-2012, 06:42 AM

481 posts, read 1,086,015 times
There is one in Durham Durham, NC - City of Medicine

Chapel Hill has a couple - Off-Leash Dog Parks in Chapel Hill, NC, US

There are 2 in Raleigh, one in Cary and hopefully one will be added to Apex ( where I live ). Look up the towns on the bring fido website for the address. All are free except Cary. Non-residents have to pay $5 per visit. I think you can also pay a yearly membership but not sure how much it is.

Sign up on the yahoo group K9 Connections. You will get an email with all the dog related events coming up on the weekend. From Spring until Fall there is a usually a monthly dog event to attend. People bring their dogs ( on leash ) and you can check out vendors, and all the rescues that have a spot set up. The SPCA has their annual walk on April 21st in downtown Raleigh. Which is a lot of fun and you can still register for

Old 06-27-2012, 09:12 PM

Update requested, please?

Old 08-24-2012, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 6,247 times
JK, not sure if you've received any new responses and see your last request for an update has been a few months. I moved to Brier Creek area this past winter. There is a small off leash dog park in the crossings at alexander place apartments. It is located right off ACC Blvd. You don't have to be a resident to go. I along with most that attend aren't.

There is also some "official" dog parks in Raleigh. Unfortunately, none all that close to Brier Creek. I am most familiar with Millbrook Exchange and Oakwood. Both are really nice. There is another in Durham that I meet my girlfriend at sometimes that is a half way point for us. That one is called Piney Woods (Durham Dog Park (at Piney Wood Park) | Dog Goes) and is HUGE.

Hope this helps!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:31 PM

Thank you, Finster. I had heard about the one at the crossings. Months ago, I did the "right" thing and called them to ask permission to use it, even offering to pay them. When they said no, I made an assumption that it was a locked park. I should have checked it out mysekf, and will do that.

I knew of the city dog parks (there's another in Cary that nn residents can pay to join), but really wanted to find something closer. Thanks!

Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 PM

84 posts, read 128,351 times
Great info. We just moved from Apex to North Raleigh area, very close to Brier Creek. We are missing the Cary dog park although the $80 non-resident annual fee will not be missed, lol. We have been to the park at Millbrook Exchange and it is not too bad. Much different than the pay Godbold Park environment but I doubt my dog (a Standard Poodle who just loves other dogs and rough play) sees it as anything other than a new gathering place for fun!
We will def check out the park at the crossings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary