Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 04:59 AM

50 posts, read 122,722 times

Advertisements

Hi there! I will be visiting the Cary area (staying off Walnut and Tryon) in a few weeks and we've decided to take our dog with us. We will be driving around the Cary area looking at neighborhoods (Cary is on our short list of places to relocate) and we'd love to find places that are also dog-friendly within the area. We'll be in town from Thursday-Saturday, and we're hoping that we'd be able to get some locals input on great trails/parks/restaurants, etc. that are great for dogs and humans too!

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 07:31 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,420,936 times
Bond Park!! On High House Rd. Great park with walking paths, fields and a lake. Very dog friendly!!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:19 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,153,254 times
Hemlock Bluffs and Umstead are great places to go hiking with your dog. We often do that with our pup. Some restaurants that have outdoor dining and allow dogs in Cary are the following:

La Farm (favorite place for brunch on weekends)
Tijuana Flats (good Tex-Mex)
The "food court" located in Crossroads (there's a crepe place, Subway, good sushi restaurant, Greek place, etc with lots of outdoor seating)
Abbey Road (great burgers)
Harrison's (typical bar food)
Havana Grill (cuban food)

There's more places we bring our dog in Cary but they're escaping me at the moment. Also tons of restaurants in downtown Raleigh with patio seating that allow dogs.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:48 AM

There is also a nice dog park on Maynard. Unfortunately, you have to be a resident to get in. When we first moved here, we went to check it out and someone let us in. It's worth checking out. here's the link:

Cary Dog Park at Godbold Park

Old 03-15-2012, 09:34 AM

50 posts, read 122,722 times
Thank you guys! We will definitely have to check out Bond Park. We have a jack russell mix, so fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it), we have to get him a lot of exercise. And I appreciate the restaurant advice. Hopefully the weather will be just as beautiful as today when we visit!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
There is also a nice dog park on Maynard. Unfortunately, you have to be a resident to get in. When we first moved here, we went to check it out and someone let us in. It's worth checking out. here's the link:

Cary Dog Park at Godbold Park
You can get a day pass for the dog park at either the Bond Park info desk or the community center downtown. They have the prices for the dog park on the site you listed. We stopped taking our dog to that park though because there were a couple of aggressive dogs that the owners would not control while in the park. I don't need my 18 pound dog getting potentially mauled because some idiot lets their big dog into the small dog side

Old 03-15-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
You can get a day pass for the dog park at either the Bond Park info desk or the community center downtown. They have the prices for the dog park on the site you listed. We stopped taking our dog to that park though because there were a couple of aggressive dogs that the owners would not control while in the park. I don't need my 18 pound dog getting potentially mauled because some idiot lets their big dog into the small dog side
We also stopped going. We have 2 Shih-Tzus (about 13-14 lb) and there were some very aggressive dogs in the smaller area. One of my dogs wanted to be held the entire time we were there....she is a real wuss!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:10 AM

I'm glad to hear it wasn't just us who was having issues. We also had a day where I had to pick up my dog and leave because this Scottie would not stop trying to bite her. My dog has a passive personality and she just kept looking at me like, "Mom, make the madness stop!" lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary