Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 AM

4 posts, read 11,827 times

Advertisements

So I've been a Mets fan since birth. Yes, it's a painful thing.

Is there any bar or hangout location in the Raleigh area that is Mets oriented? Would love to catch a game with fellow agonizing Mets fans in the area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 03:01 PM

237 posts, read 757,124 times
Hey Met's fan. Hang in there. We have been here almost 5 years now. Our 17 year old is a die hard, Met's fan. Our younger son is a Yankee fan. It's a bit tough finding other Met's lovers in the area.
Where are you in the triangle? maybe we can figure something out.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:31 PM

3,307 posts, read 8,560,653 times
I'm a Met fan and I don't even want to watch them...lol. Hopefully they can over achieve this year and give me something to be proud of. I'm not sure there is a Mets bar per se, but I remember going to Blincos off of glenwood and they usually have the mets games on since they have tons of tv's and mlb season ticket.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
I miss the "real" Mets.

Such as...

Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 PM

294 posts, read 829,352 times
this forum has hit a new low - Mets and Yankees discussion? this is worse than the daily....."I'm moving down in three years, where's a good place to buy loofahs"

well, offering an olive branch to my NY friends, there's a place in Cary called Fuhgeddaboudit Pizza that is decorated (I use the term loosely) in all things NY. It's actually a nice little spot to catch a game and have some pizza.....

Signed,

Carl Yastrzemski

Old 03-20-2012, 10:24 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,351 times
Lol, I'm a Mets fan as well, though I'm located in Charlotte. I'd personally be shocked if there was anywhere in the entire state that was Mets oriented, and of course, if you hae something like DirecTv, you don't get the sports channels unless you have the highest package, which is a crock.

One thing to consider, though it's not quite the same, is to get a satellite radio subscription that comes with the MLB full access so that you can listen to any games that you want.

On a more Mets-centric approach, we might not be great this year, but I do think that Lucas Duda is going to have a breakout season, and the return of Santana and the continued emergence of Niese has me hopeful.

Until june, of course

Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 AM

353 posts, read 996,100 times
Misery does so love company, doesn't it??

That said when I lived in Raleigh, I don't recall there ever being a "place" - hangout or popular "Mets-centric" locale - for fans to gather (I'm in suburban Charlotte now, and I don't know of anything here, either). I broke down and ordered Extra Innings via DirecTV in 2005, but cancelled that after the 2009 season...

The only thing this team is gonna be fighting for in 2012 is 4th place in the East. I am under no illusions about how bad we're going to be... And with the $$ problems the Wilpons are having, I expect that if Santana, Bay and most especially Wright are having good seasons, they'll be gone by the trade deadline.

Ugh, the Amazin' Mess. *places bag over head*

Old 03-20-2012, 01:08 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,380,515 times
I'll bet that until the end of March Madness, you'll be hard pressed to find any sports bar showing anything but college basketball. Perhaps starting your search after April 2nd will yield more results?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 PM

39 posts, read 99,811 times
Hey, would there be interest in starting a Triangle-area Mets fan Meetup group? Would be a good way to meet fellow fans in the area! We could find a sports bar (or rotate to different ones) that will show the game for the group on Sunday afternoons or for big series, like against the Yanks.

I probably don't really have much time to do the organizing, but if there's enough interest, I would be happy to look into it, or work with someone who might have the time. There is a fee for setting up Meetup groups, so there would likely be some small fee for group members to cover the cost, maybe $10/year, depending on how many we got, but I think it'd be worth it. I know I've run into Mets fans at random places around here. My pizza delivery guy the other night told me he's a Mets fan. So, there should be enough fans around town to make this fun.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:10 AM

547 posts, read 774,936 times
So where to go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary