Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,057 times

Advertisements

Just curious... how many homes are in Preston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 PM

34,935 posts, read 36,065,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2publishing View Post
Just curious... how many homes are in Preston?
Many.

Very, very many.

There are quite a few sections of Preston, you see.

There's Preston Village (across Davis Drive, no direct golf course access, but it does have its own pool and HOA).

There's Preston Forest (you get there off High House, on Legault.. directly across from the main entrance into Prestonwood CC).

There's Preston Oaks (wee little place, you can get there off Cary Parkway from Roebling).

There's Preston Highlands (a bit of an outlier, but with golf course frontage on some lots, you can get there from High Country Dr or Crabtree Crossing).

There's Preston Grande (you can get there from Rainbrook off Cary Parkway or off Crabtree Crossing at Ridge Creek Rd).

And there's what I like to call "Preston Proper."

That's everything that is in the center of Preston between Davis Drive, High House, and Cary Parkway, but can be reached pretty easily by entering at Prestonwood CC entrance off High House.

There are actually many names of little neighborhoods inside that parcel of land.

If you check Google maps, you'll see just how many houses there are. Condos, townhouses, single family ones that are quite small, and mansions that are quite large.... and everything in between.

So, yeah... a lot.

And there are indeed still 3 zip codes, just like the OP asked about years ago. 27513 and 27519 in Cary and 27560 in Morrisville.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:23 PM

43,020 posts, read 76,529,724 times
Preston Homeowners Association

Old 04-05-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Now, see.... that's the easy way out.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 PM

43,020 posts, read 76,529,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Now, see.... that's the easy way out.

It doesn't give numbers of homes, though. And it doesn't incluce Preston Village....

Old 04-05-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It doesn't give numbers of homes, though. And it doesn't incluce Preston Village....
I like looking at it on Google Maps. It's really huge-mongous.

My stepdad's little brother was once married to this woman who loved to tell people that she lived in Preston. She actually lived off High House near Preston.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,074,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
You mean that there are people that don't WANT a Cary address???

Vicki
Er, yeah, ME! So many people say that Morrisville is indistinguishable from Cary, but as a resident of "the 60" I can tell you that's not true. I am very active in my town and am on a first name basis with my Mayor. It's a small town with a lot of small-town attributes AND a lot of the problems and benefits of typical suburbia. It's not Cary, and I don't ever want it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary