Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 AM

13 posts, read 27,129 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if the community Hedingham in Raleigh is in a safe location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 AM

294 posts, read 829,352 times
try entering the address in spotcrime.com for an unbiased review.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 AM

110 posts, read 204,173 times
We have lived in Hedingham (not in the townhomes) for 6 years and have never had an issue or complaint. Of course you hear of cars being broken into or some homes, but I think that happens pretty much everywhere.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 AM

I looked at spotcrime.com and it showed a lot of crimes in Cary, Raleigh, and Apex and I thought it was safer to live down in NC. Of course there's going to be crime any where you go but I live right outside of New Haven, CT and crime stop shows less crime here than it is there. It says were number 4 for the most crime in the country. Has me a little worried about relocating to NC. Any input would help from those who live in this area. Thank you in advance.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 AM

1,737 posts, read 2,573,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlee470 View Post
I looked at spotcrime.com and it showed a lot of crimes in Cary, Raleigh, and Apex and I thought it was safer to live down in NC. Of course there's going to be crime any where you go but I live right outside of New Haven, CT and crime stop shows less crime here than it is there. It says were number 4 for the most crime in the country. Has me a little worried about relocating to NC. Any input would help from those who live in this area. Thank you in advance.
If it worries you that much, you should probably stay there.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:58 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Overall, Hedingham is a safe n'hood with a golf course.

There seems to be some issues with the townhomes that are located at the very back of the n'hood. I'm referring to the ones that are really sandwiched in. Many of those are being used as rentals and seem to be having some issues.

The other issue with that area is the shopping center off New Bern Ave. That Wal Mart seems to have issues, as well.

Overall, you get a lot of home for the money in that area but you have a few issues with some renters.

I have many clients that have purchased in Hedingham and the info. that I am sharing is what they have told me. When I ask them if they are happy that they purchased there, they are. None of them have any personal knowledge of crime but it is what they hear or read in the N&O.

As for the crime reports...sometimes I find they don't tell the whole story. For example...I live in a n'hood that isn't very large and I don't know of any crime within the n'hood. But...I live within 5 min. of banks and shopping centers and there have been robberies so when I look at the crime reports, the crime looks CLOSE!

Your best bet is to ask for these OPINIONS and also to drive through the n'hood and ask the folks that live there and have first hand knowledge.

Vicki

Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 AM

UCCTGG- I am still moving there I am just asking about the crime in the area since it says on that website that there was a lot. I would think that asking about the crime in any area when your relocating out of state is reasonable don't ya think?

VickiR- Thank you for the information!! We probably are not going into the Hedingham area anymore but more towards Apex and Holly Springs area.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:27 PM

294 posts, read 829,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlee470 View Post
UCCTGG- I am still moving there I am just asking about the crime in the area since it says on that website that there was a lot. I would think that asking about the crime in any area when your relocating out of state is reasonable don't ya think?

VickiR- Thank you for the information!! We probably are not going into the Hedingham area anymore but more towards Apex and Holly Springs area.
Nothing to worry about in terms of safety. I moved from the safest state in the nation and honestly feel safer based on neighbors looking out for each other. I am surprised by the crime figures but I consider it proactive police matters. It's a great place for you and your family. Apex and Holly Springs is where I live too.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:09 PM

So glad to here it! thank you very much for the information!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary