Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:25 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello212 View Post
I can add Hunter's Mill/Twisted Oaks in Clayton/Garner. Most of the lots are between .35and .7 acres and are either 3 or 4 br's and include a bonus room. Most also have screened porches. They also feature hardwoods downstairs, granite counter tops, tile in kitchen and bathrooms. Many of the homes have a downstairs master suite. They also include tray ceilings in the master and in the dining room.

The subdivision is very close to the elementary and middle schools.

My house is 2100sf, 3br, 2.5 ba, bonus room, and an unfinished room that will become a 4th br. And it's sitting on a .4 acre wooded lot.
I ditto that about Hunters Mill/Twisted Oaks. Great value and great Johnson County schools. Lots of nice lots and homes up to 3000sq ft plus. Perhaps most importantly houses are still selling well and the builder is from all I can tell a good cash flow position. Which can be very important. There are mulitple builders in the development but the primary one is Greg Johnson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 01:47 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,983,107 times
Schools in Clayton are FABULOUS!!!
We moved here from Raleigh (where I lived for 30 years!) and we like it better out here. I also lived for a year in Apex before all the shopping centers hit.

I think on the main page of www.city-data.com you can compare surrounding cities. We looked at it recently and Clayton had some pretty good scores on there, especially for schools.

Have you visited Clayton yet? I took some pictures of it, there was a thread floating around or just pictures.

Good luck!

Old 09-12-2007, 02:04 PM

41 posts, read 115,966 times
thank you -- I have seen the water lots are hard to come by also -- we are also relocating due to job opportunities for my husband, just graduated with engineering degree and of course, much lower taxes & expenses --

Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 PM

thank you for the information about clayton ---
and for the inside info on hunters mill/twisted oaks --

I appreciate the feedback

Old 09-13-2007, 04:34 AM

214 posts, read 701,920 times
I live in Glen Laurel and absolutely love it!! The schools are great- East Clayton Elementary (will be going to the new elementary school next year right by GL), Riverwood Elementary and Clayton High. GL neighborhood is very nice- lots of mature trees, sidewalks all throughout which you do not find in a lot of neighborhoods. The golf course goes throughout the development. The lot sizes are around 0.4 but some bigger lots are available for sure in your price range- both resale and new construction. The houses are not right on top of each other like some developments. I like the fmrealty website- you can search by many parameters including price range and neighborhood. Good luck with your search!!

Old 09-13-2007, 05:04 AM

546 posts, read 2,417,453 times
If you are looking in Clayton, don't forget to check out Broadmoor West. It is very close to the Cleveland Road schools which are very good. Big lots, big houses, pool, nice neighborhood.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:02 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nclover View Post
If you are looking in Clayton, don't forget to check out Broadmoor West. It is very close to the Cleveland Road schools which are very good. Big lots, big houses, pool, nice neighborhood.
Broadmoor, Broadmoor West and Twisted/Hunters are all next to each other on Cleveland School. In one trip you can visit them all and see great neighborhoods at different price points. They are near 40/42

Old 09-13-2007, 02:42 PM

thanks -- glen laurel looks like a beautiful neighborhood -- and I will check out broadmoor & twisted/hunters -- does anyone know their websites by chance?
thanks

Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny to nc View Post
Hi --
A friend on this forum suggested looking in the areas of zebulon, wendell, clayton, moncure and pittsboro for homes. I found glen laurel in clayton which seems really nice -- I am looking for .60 acres or more with 4 plus bedrooms ---

again -- looking at relocating from huntington, ny and looking for good schools -- middle school child and kindergartener

thanks for your help!!
We moved from NJ to Wendell 2 yrs ago and are very happy. We owned a nice house in Somerset NJ 1800 sf we sold it and custom built a 2400 sq ft home Wendell. We made out like bandits! The town is lovely, quaint and quiet, but we have quick access to Raleigh. I have been able to find everything I need and want right here in Wake County. I have 2 close friends from NJ who came to visit it me and long story short they are both now residents of Wendell!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny to nc View Post
thank you -- I have seen the water lots are hard to come by also -- we are also relocating due to job opportunities for my husband, just graduated with engineering degree and of course, much lower taxes & expenses --
I moved from NJ to Wendell NC, and I love it. I know about Cary because I work in Cary and it is a beautiful town. It has a northern flair and for the record the population in Cary is primarily northerns. Moving from NY to Cary will allow you to buy your dream house. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary