Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 AM

41 posts, read 115,975 times

Advertisements

Hi --
A friend on this forum suggested looking in the areas of zebulon, wendell, clayton, moncure and pittsboro for homes. I found glen laurel in clayton which seems really nice -- I am looking for .60 acres or more with 4 plus bedrooms ---

again -- looking at relocating from huntington, ny and looking for good schools -- middle school child and kindergartener

thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 09:51 AM

310 posts, read 1,715,395 times
Huntington is a beautiful town. I used to live in Stony Brook.

Moderator cut: NO REALTY LINKS

The areas you mentioned are very different from Huntington.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-12-2007 at 06:29 PM..

Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 AM

thanks for the post -- what about clayton -- the glen laurel area looked really nice --

I am also looking at cary, apex, raleigh and wake forest -- I know these are very busy areas -- stayed in cary for a week end of august-- what areas in here do you like?

how long ago did you move from stonybrook?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:30 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,983,517 times
Clayton:
Riverwood
Lions Gate
Glen Laurel
Cobblestone (Anderson & KB homes)

those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. search this board for "clayton", you will get alot of info!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,630 times
What is your price range?

Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 AM

214 posts, read 663,900 times
I can add Hunter's Mill/Twisted Oaks in Clayton/Garner. Most of the lots are between .35and .7 acres and are either 3 or 4 br's and include a bonus room. Most also have screened porches. They also feature hardwoods downstairs, granite counter tops, tile in kitchen and bathrooms. Many of the homes have a downstairs master suite. They also include tray ceilings in the master and in the dining room.

The subdivision is very close to the elementary and middle schools.

My house is 2100sf, 3br, 2.5 ba, bonus room, and an unfinished room that will become a 4th br. And it's sitting on a .4 acre wooded lot.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny to nc View Post
thanks for the post -- what about clayton -- the glen laurel area looked really nice --

I am also looking at cary, apex, raleigh and wake forest -- I know these are very busy areas -- stayed in cary for a week end of august-- what areas in here do you like?

how long ago did you move from stonybrook?
I moved to Columbia, SC about 3 1/2 years ago, and then I moved to Raleigh about 8 months ago.

Cary and North Raleigh are the most crowed areas by Raleigh standard. No place here is as dense - population wise - as Long Island.

Apex is an extension of Cary, and it is growing so fast. Wake forest is an extension of North Raleigh, and, also, it is growing so fast.

If you like rural living where you can have a big lot and don't mind driving a distance for shopping, you might want to look in Clayton, Apex, or Wake Forest.

If you like suburban or urban living, where you don’t mind a smaller lot and close to shopping, you might want to look in Raleigh, North Raleigh, and Cary.

Traffic here is not as bad as LIE, however it can be annoying driving long distance in the summer heat.

Personally, because I grew up and lived all my life in big cities, everywhere here feels rural to me. I like North Raleigh the best, because it is cheaper than Raleigh - inside the beltline, close to downtown, shopping, restaurants, airport, and RTP.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:27 PM

thanks for your help -- I think clayton seems like a good area --
appreciate it --

I heard clayton is a good area to look for larger lots --- but when I visited apex I liked that also --- I have to visit clayton to see it for myself --

why did you move to columbia sc first? for the water lots available ? it's funny because we were looking at that area too being that we are on the water now

Old 09-12-2007, 12:29 PM

my price range is 250,000 to 500,000 -- preferable around 350 - 400

4 bedrooms -- 3 car garage would be nice, good schools

anyone know how the schools are in clayton?

Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny to nc View Post
thanks for your help -- I think clayton seems like a good area --
appreciate it --

I heard clayton is a good area to look for larger lots --- but when I visited apex I liked that also --- I have to visit clayton to see it for myself --

why did you move to columbia sc first? for the water lots available ? it's funny because we were looking at that area too being that we are on the water now

I moved to the south because of living expenses and job opportunities. It was too expensive for me to live in LI, and I knew it would take me forever to afford a home.

There are very few water lots available. Falls Lake is the largest lake around here, I think, and it is preserved. No developments are permitted there. There are water front lots available in Lake Royal, but it is very far from the city and RTP. I heard Lake Jordan is a very beautiful lake, but I don't know if there are any water lots available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary