U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 07:40 AM

25 posts, read 32,589 times

Advertisements

Hi again Y'all,

Sarah and I have finished unpacking and have pretty much settled everything out. Now we are left with a zillion plastic bins we used for the move. I would like to donate these to a place that can reuse them rather than have them put in a landfill or recycled. Is there a place that would accept them? They are sturdy plastic bins with locking tops.

Thanks for all your previous help with all my questions. We are so thrilled to finally be here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 07:42 AM

35,103 posts, read 46,004,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwick View Post
Hi again Y'all,

Sarah and I have finished unpacking and have pretty much settled everything out. Now we are left with a zillion plastic bins we used for the move. I would like to donate these to a place that can reuse them rather than have them put in a landfill or recycled. Is there a place that would accept them? They are sturdy plastic bins with locking tops.

Thanks for all your previous help with all my questions. We are so thrilled to finally be here.

Your nearest Goodwill, Salvation Army, Humane Society or Shelter for those who need a place to stay temporarily. Give them a call and ask which ones will take them.

*If I lived close I would take them since I am decluttering and downsizing my home at the moment, those would come in very handy for me*

Old 03-24-2012, 08:17 AM

17,513 posts, read 23,208,481 times
May I ask why you chose plastic bins instead of the less expensive boxes? And what sizes were most convenient? Did a professional mover accept the plastic crates?

Old 03-24-2012, 08:36 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,211,081 times
Agree with CSD. Also, many women who go to local battered women's shelters leave their home with stuff in trash bags. they'd think they'd hit gold if they had a plastic container. So my vote is for the Salvation Army shelter downtown, or the organization Interact, or the Helen Wright Women's Ctr downtown.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:03 AM

25 posts, read 32,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
May I ask why you chose plastic bins instead of the less expensive boxes? And what sizes were most convenient? Did a professional mover accept the plastic crates?
We moved ourselves and chose plastic bins due to the fact we were storing them in an outdoor storage facility first. I didn't want the moisture to get absorbed into the cardboard boxes. Plus the bins stack in place better.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 AM

285 posts, read 456,061 times
Teachers would probably love them too - especially in elementary school. We have lots of little bits and pieces to store.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:10 PM

35,103 posts, read 46,004,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsT89 View Post
Teachers would probably love them too - especially in elementary school. We have lots of little bits and pieces to store.

Great idea, I never thought about teachers and my best friend was a 2nd grade teacher for 35 years...LOL

Old 03-24-2012, 01:14 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,648,812 times
You could also post them on the free section of Craigslist. They'll be gone in an hour! LOL!

Old 03-24-2012, 03:24 PM

10,563 posts, read 21,061,164 times
I agree that schools would probably love them (probably better to give to the school in general rather than all one teacher, unless you just really love that teacher). Also, animal shelters always need storage for toys, food, towels, etc that come in. I'd definitely give to a charity that you support rather than just giving them away to an individual, if you can arrange it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary