Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 06:11 PM

564 posts, read 1,041,612 times

Advertisements

I've been taking my car to the dealer for servicing since I bought it in 2004. I did so because I bought into their "free tires for life" program and they had told me that as long as I had my car serviced there, I'd get free tires when I needed them, only having to pay for labor charges when I bought tires. Sounded like a good deal.

Well, in recent times I've been in for servicing needs, they told me I needed this or that done. The last time I went for an oil change they said I was past due for it. I knew I was but just hadn't gotten there on time. The last item they said I needed was a new serpentine belt. That was at the last servicing, where they said I needed something else also, so I told them I'd have to return another time as that was all I could handle at the time. That happened to be when I needed two new tires, by the way. So, I paid the big ticket item they said I needed then and that I'd return for the belt. That was when they said that they'd let me get the two tires then, but in the future I'd have to maintain the car to their standard timetables, getting things done when they needed to be done.

It made me think that maybe it's just not worth going to the dealer anymore, but I have no idea who can be trusted to service the car. It does shake - steering wheel - before I even reach 50 mph; I told them this at the dealer last time and they didn't think anything of it at the time.

I live in Durham and work in RTP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 PM

423 posts, read 1,094,478 times
What part of Durham do you live in? I love my mechanic but unless you live off of 751 he is waaaaayyyy out there.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:35 PM

564 posts, read 1,041,612 times
That is exactly the area where I live. I'm near Southpoint.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:17 AM

423 posts, read 1,094,478 times
PM sent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary