Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 10:58 AM

32 posts, read 117,700 times

Advertisements

In researching Raleigh and the surrounding area, there are not many ranch houses or those with 1st floor master bedrooms. Are there any developments in north Raleigh or west that offers this option?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 11:02 AM

836 posts, read 3,469,577 times
There are TONS of ranch houses in older neighborhoods in Raleigh, both inside and outside the beltline, such as Budleigh, Quail Corners, North Hills, etc. I know "used" houses are not poplular on this site, but ranches can be great houses.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:07 AM

43,275 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNC View Post
There are TONS of ranch houses in older neighborhoods in Raleigh, both inside and outside the beltline, such as Budleigh, Quail Corners, North Hills, etc. I know "used" houses are not poplular on this site, but ranches can be great houses.

I absolutely agree. There are tons of ranch homes available in and around Raleigh and North Raleigh.
And many of the older neighborhoods have vastly superior location to new stuff.
If you want to go new, there are many homes out there with first floor master bedrooms.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:25 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,666,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachfl View Post
In researching Raleigh and the surrounding area, there are not many ranch houses or those with 1st floor master bedrooms. Are there any developments in north Raleigh or west that offers this option?
There are two classic ranches for sale that I see going to work each day, and another on 98 in Wake Forest....though that one has a daylight basement.

There seem to be plenty of them....most folks don't seem to want them. (I know I didn't.)

Old 09-16-2007, 03:28 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,770,721 times
I actually used to live in a Cary neighborhood called "The Ranches". Great little starter home neighborhood near the Cary Y.

With land prices being what they are these days, it usual makes more sense to build up that out. But downstairs Masters are becoming popular. Shouldn't be too hard to find that in a new home.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:07 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,088,621 times
There's a new development in Wake Forest right off route 1A which offers beautiful homes with masters on the first floor. If you're interested, the delvelopment is named Reynolds Mill. If you don't mind slighlty older homes the subdivision next to Reynolds Mill is Pemberly. I am aware that there are at least four available that offer first floor masters there. The prices range from $250,000 to $330,000. This may sound pricey at first but is an excellent value given the quality of the area.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:10 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,678,691 times
There are quite a few options for downstairs master and 1 story homes. In fact, Morningstar at Twin Lakes (KBHomes) is a new neighborhood of 1-story floorplans.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:32 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,088,621 times
Is Morningstar the Martha Stewart community?

We, my wife and I, looked at some ranch homes in Cary and found them to be EXTREMELY overpriced given the square footage. I also didn’t like the fact that they were built on concrete slabs. I prefer a crawl space just for simple maintenance reasons. For those that aren’t aware, basements aren’t that common here in the Raleigh area. Some homes have them but they’re simply walk-outs or daylight basements.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:38 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,678,691 times
yeah, the martha stewart community is the one i was thinking of. The price per sq ft seems extremely high actually. They have (or had) an inventory house that was 420k or so for 2700 sq ft home.

There are some ranch homes built are 2000 in carpenter park subdivision that I also looked at but those seem to sell pretty quickly when they come on the market. Those are also built on slab.

I personally prefer a crawl space (makes wiring, plumbing repair and everything else *so* much easier) and haven't seen a lot of options. I live in a two story house with a downstairs master right now and have bene looking for a house just a little more room on the first floor, but haven't been successful. I'm primarily looking in the Morrisville/Cary area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary