Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 02:58 PM

45 posts, read 178,856 times

Advertisements

Hi, we just got back from Providence Place in Morrisville. They are having a deal of the century sale on their homes which sounded great. Has anybody else looked at this community? Anybody in the community now? Goods/Bads?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 05:47 PM

997 posts, read 4,645,143 times
Providence Place is a nice neighborhood with ammenities. The homes are nice. It is very convenient to things. There will be a Walmart and Sams down the street in the future. Good Schools.

Just keep in mind that one side of the neighborhood is very close to 540, the train runs parallel to Church St., and the planes fly low. There will be a road behind Providece Place as well that will connect to the Durham Freeway from what I've been told.

That is basically the general synopsis of the good and bad. Hope it helps.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:48 PM

I was aware of the train and didn't get a chance to hear it but didn't think it would be much of a issue for us. I didn't know that the 540 was near the development or the possibility of another road in the future. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:11 PM

26 posts, read 144,575 times
Why is everyone talking about the train? I thought the rail line was parallel to 54 and hence parallel to church street. And this is where providence started. Or does the railway line turn to the north part of the subdivision? The estates are on this side of the sub

I though the model homes were nice. So, how was the turnout? I didn't have a chance to go. And was it a REAL sale or just some kind of gimmick. Would like to know how desperate they are?

ToM

Old 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM

It sounds like a good deal from what we could gather. 5.75% rate from khov, 72% off all options up to 40k, and no premiums on lots. The parking lot was full and I saw a whole lot of families in the showroom. Our agent said that they were probably doing the sale because of their fiscal year. I read online that they weren't doing to well in sales so I guess this is a way to make up for it. I wonder if other builders are on a squeeze to make quotas and bring prices down.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:58 PM

26 posts, read 144,575 times
Thanks dragoninla. Saw their sale ad and it looked quite appealing. Looks like they had a solid turnout. Lot premiums are just a bogus number they add in the price. From what I have seen, their lots are mostly .25 -.29 but there is hardly any backyard !!! I suppose most of it lies in the buffer which you can't touch. Or there would be some kind of easement encroaching into the property.

ToM

Old 09-16-2007, 09:06 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
.25-.29 is really big compared most of the lots at Twin Lakes, Kitts Creek or Carpenter Legacy.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,072 times
Default Providence place - Deal of the century

I went to Providence place and in fact signed a contract. The turnout was good, the parking lots were full and I thought many people signed the contracts.

The deal was pretty good, they gave 30k off of option if we choose 40k upgrades. I think most or all the upgrades can be done with in the 40k limit.

From what I looked so far, the deal is fantastic. But dont know if missed any fineprints ;-)

Old 09-17-2007, 05:20 AM

531 posts, read 1,983,004 times
Default wow, how do you do it....

I'm just curious. How do so many people buy a house that isn't built yet? I know I'm a nervous Nellie, but gosh, I would never plunk down money on anything that I couldn't see first. Jump up and down on the floorboards. Flush the toilet. Inspect the breaker box. You know, all that stuff.

Especially when you're dealing with a builder who's "struggling":
Struggling homebuilder Hovnanian offers deep disounts - Sep. 13, 2007 (broken link)
What happens if they go bankrupt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokepepsi1175 View Post
I went to Providence place and in fact signed a contract. The turnout was good, the parking lots were full and I thought many people signed the contracts.

The deal was pretty good, they gave 30k off of option if we choose 40k upgrades. I think most or all the upgrades can be done with in the 40k limit.

From what I looked so far, the deal is fantastic. But dont know if missed any fineprints ;-)

Old 09-17-2007, 05:47 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat1of2 View Post
I'm just curious. How do so many people buy a house that isn't built yet? I know I'm a nervous Nellie, but gosh, I would never plunk down money on anything that I couldn't see first. Jump up and down on the floorboards. Flush the toilet. Inspect the breaker box. You know, all that stuff.

Especially when you're dealing with a builder who's "struggling":
Struggling homebuilder Hovnanian offers deep disounts - Sep. 13, 2007 (broken link)
What happens if they go bankrupt?
You get to do all that jumping and flushing through the build process.
It is one way to get the home created as you want it, on the lot that you want. And it can be a lot of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary