Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What furniture you dealt with
Rooms to go 5 29.41%
Harvetys 3 17.65%
Ashley Furniture 2 11.76%
Warehouse (please specify) 1 5.88%
Other (please specify) 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,812,025 times

Advertisements

I have heard from more than one place that Rooms to Go has really cheap product and the salespeople don't really know much about it, compared to the other places. I was helping my dad and stepmohter shop for some living room furniture recently and a few of the other places we went, the sales staff were very knowledgeable about how the furniture was made, etc.

Home Comfort was probably the place I was most impressed with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 11:20 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,812,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofhappybaby View Post
Would you all mind telling me which stores to avoid at Hightpoint? and should I actually go to Highpoint or to jamestown instead. As I have been reading many stores shifted to Jamestown and there are stores at Highpoint I should avoid. Now I am being confused :-(
You should use the Greensboro/Winston-Salem forum for questions about High Point--this one is for the Triangle.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 635 times
Anyone looking for quality new furniture? I will take you furniture shopping for a fee, let you use my wholesale tax ID#, help you find the right item and save you time and money in the process; been in the furniture business for over 40 years; know the most honest and ethical people to do business with; if you know where to go and who to talk to; that's what is all about; if you have a serious interest; please e-mail me at [email]JA4innovations@gmail.com[/email]

Old 06-06-2012, 01:17 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
The big thing to remember when ordering furniture is to be careful of high deposits.

If the store folds, say adios to your money unless you use a credit card and dispute the charge within 60 days of the first statement it appeared on.

As a former fraud investigator for credit cards, I shudder hearing people put down $10K or more on furniture.

If the money gets that high, escrow the funds with your attorney. If the store won't agree, pass them by.
Isn't this risk eliminated if you use a credit card?

Old 06-06-2012, 06:11 AM

5,742 posts, read 17,592,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofhappybaby View Post
Hi,

What place would you suggest to buy good quality (last good 10-15 years at least) Furniture. we have a fairly decent budget (around 8-10 thousand for the whole 3Bedroom plus family room house). We saw Rooms to go and Harvetys.
If you want good quality furniture, don't go to Rooms To Go

We shop for all our "good" furniture (i.e., dovetail joints on the case goods, etc . . . . not stapled butt joints) at Furnitureland South.

Furniture for the kids' rooms and playroom comes from Target and yard sales. Sometimes you can find some good old furniture at yard sales that can be refinished to look new.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:29 AM

114 posts, read 246,866 times
I owned American made, hardwood furniture stores for 15 years and I won't step inside a Rooms to Go. We shopped Haverty's when we moved to Raleigh and they had decent quality and seemed reasonably priced. We ended up taking a ride to Furniture Land South and purchasing a few rooms of furniture from there. They were priced competitively and had the best selection of quality and price points around

Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 AM

114 posts, read 246,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Isn't this risk eliminated if you use a credit card?
Furnitureland South does not accept credit cards......but since we did not know this when we made our purchase they seemed to find a way to accept a deposit by CC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary