Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 05:36 PM

68 posts, read 145,771 times

Advertisements

I just read the thread about people moving to the area and being assigned essentially random schools in Wake County. We're moving to the area in the next 3-4 years. My daughter will be entering 1st grade. My sister's family is moving at the same time and my niece will be entering 2nd grade. we had hoped the girls would be in the same school. The whole set up is so foreign to me..coming from an area where you have a multitude of school districts in your county..the school your children go to is a given!

We were leaning towards the Wake Forest area, but between that thread and some other research I've done, I'm actually feeling a bit ill about how the school assignment will end up working for both girls.

So...I'm now expanding my search into Franklin County (we have friends in Youngsville who love their son's school) and even open to considering Johnston County (we looked into Clayton in the past).

I'm wondering how THOSE counties work. If we moved just a teenier bit further and into Franklin County, could be be certain there what school the girls would go to??

Thank you so much!

Sincerly,

Feeling totally freaked out and panicked LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 08:55 PM

615 posts, read 1,502,889 times
I am a teacher in Johnston County and also live here with a child in the school system.

Johnsotn County has no assignment issues..the school your child attends is the one closest to the neighborhood where you live...very simple. So when you choose a neighborhood, the school that appears in the real estate listing is your child's school...very simple. I THINK Wake county is the only Raleigh area county with no neighborhood schools and school assignment issues.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:02 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom5497 View Post
I am a teacher in Johnston County and also live here with a child in the school system.

Johnsotn County has no assignment issues..the school your child attends is the one closest to the neighborhood where you live...very simple. So when you choose a neighborhood, the school that appears in the real estate listing is your child's school...very simple. I THINK Wake county is the only Raleigh area county with no neighborhood schools and school assignment issues.

GOOD LUCK!
She needs your guarantee on no changes in 3 or 4 years....

MAYBE in 3 or 4 years Wake County will have more predictability in school assignments.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:42 PM

9,775 posts, read 15,776,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
She needs your guarantee on no changes in 3 or 4 years....

MAYBE in 3 or 4 years Wake County will have more predictability in school assignments.
I think OP meant 3 or 4 months, not years. She posted in another thread that they will be moving here in 3-4 months.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:59 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
I think OP meant 3 or 4 months, not years. She posted in another thread that they will be moving here in 3-4 months.

Whoops.... That revises the perspective....

Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 AM

68 posts, read 145,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post

Woops! Sorry about that! I did mean 3-4 months- not years! I must have been so freaked out about the schools I wasn't thinking! LOL

Thanks so much!

Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM

615 posts, read 1,502,889 times
LOL--i knew what you meant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary