Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,515 times

Advertisements

My 2nd grader was accepted at TMSA too (he goes to Mills Park Elementary)

1) If he would not have liked TMSA OR we could not manage the commute everyday then we had no gurantee to get MPE back due to new school allocation rules

2) TMSA surprized us by taking a temporary location at Raleigh which is 17 miles from the place I live (they told us initially about the location at aviation pkwy and 540) - no bus service will be introduced ever

3) We are happy with MPE and Principal

4) My son LOVES MPE

We took a hard decision to withdraw our application from TMSA and will try back again next year (I know it would be hard to get in) but this one year will allow me to see 'how they are performing' and moreover they will be in Cary/Moorisville somewhere close as they promised (Leaving MPE is a big and hard decision so we would try to cover all the bases so we do not regret our decision)

GOOD LUCK with yours
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 11:54 AM

8 posts, read 19,026 times
We turned down TMSA as well. We live in Durham, as well as do others accepted there, and there was no transportation promised to us as it was to those living in Cary. It may, in time, be a great school, but there were just too many red flags raised for us to attend.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:45 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,661,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakenovice View Post
My 2nd grader was accepted at TMSA too (he goes to Mills Park Elementary)

I am sure you are right proud about your second grader getting accepted at TMSA. I would have been, too.

However, save the post and look back when he or she turns 18. You will .....oh well, I will let you figure it out.

Good Luck.

LLN

Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,024,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Please research the math and science academy, its owner and its teachers and its funding and then make up your mind. It is very interesting.....
Wow...I took your advice. That IS some very interesting reading!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary