Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 11:36 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,165,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamtap View Post
All the steaks on Angus Barn's menu are under $50 (and pretty much the same price as Capital City Chop House). I don't know where you get $100 per person. (Sure if you add lots of drinks, etc.)

But "break the bank" to one person might be pocket change to the next. No dollar amounts were specified so I listed some good steak restaurants.

If you just want a cheap steak regardless of quality, I think Waffle House is your destination. : )

flamtap
You're just being a jerk at this point. Like I said, suggesting the highest price restaurant near Brier Creek when they asked for a place that doesn't break the bank, is silly. Waving around money and bragging about it is pretty immature. And I don't eat at Waffle House. You sure love extremes, from overpriced food like Angus Barn to Waffle House, you've got it covered. We're all so lucky to have your wealth of opinion here!

Angus Barn comes out to about $100 a person if you eat steak. And that WAS the point of this topic. You want a salad, or a potato? Those are not included in the $45 price of the steak. And even if you don't order a bottle of wine, you'll spend $200 for a couple to eat there, after tip.

It seems to be a trend that so many threads here turn into a "I have more money than you" immaturity contest. My experience shows that those who brag the loudest are usually the biggest liars, or just spoiled jerks.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:58 AM

523 posts, read 1,326,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Angus Barn comes out to about $100 a person if you eat steak. And that WAS the point of this topic. You want a salad, or a potato? Those are not included in the $45 price of the steak. And even if you don't order a bottle of wine, you'll spend $200 for a couple to eat there, after tip.
This is hardly true. You CAN spend $100 per person, but it's certainly not required. The only steak on their menu that comes close to $45 is the 24-oz T-bone, too - most are in the mid-$30 range. I don't understand the negativity towards flamtap's responses - they were factual.

The last time my wife and I ate there a couple of years ago, we both got steak (Prime Rib and a NY strip) along with a cocktail and a side, and the total bill with tip was just a bit over $100. Does that break the bank? It depends on the size of your bank, I suppose. Like flamtap said, the OP did not specify a price range.

Now, with that being said, you can certainly get steak that's quite good at some of the other places around Brier Creek that were already mentioned. I do like Fleming's a lot, even though I haven't been to the one at Crabtree. I can also vouch for Brasa - just make sure you're hungry when you go!

Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,832,878 times
Closed for mod review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary