Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:17 PM

3 posts, read 4,838 times

Advertisements

this web site really helps........
i hope i can get alot of feed back. my family and moved from south florida to a rual area in central florida (growing but not fast enough) now we are serously thinking of raleigh area. surprise our house has sold without even on the market (long story ) but we have not even visited nc yet. our friends did and they loved it BUT we want to be near shopping, schools, and things to do. but at the same time not in the rat race, concested, crime area. we have two teens and we dont want to make another mistake HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 07:21 PM

229 posts, read 1,053,859 times
There are so many fantastic areas in the Triangle. You'll just have to come visit to take a look. It's a wonderful place to raise a family - low crime, great schools, low cost of living, low real estate taxes, the list goes on. It will all depend on your lifestyle and price range. I would do some homework and them come for a "visit" to see if the area is for you.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:12 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,029,735 times
I would definitely come and visit. Take a week if you can. I know people tend to arrive with some preconceptions (who wouldn't!) and by spending some time in the area, checking out neighborhoods, schools, location of employment (if that is an issue) it will help determine which part of the triangle they might want to find housing. It really depends on personal taste, because the triangle is a big enough area with enough bedroom communities that most people will find one they love.

Leigh

Old 09-18-2007, 08:16 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
I gotta say...
Moving from rural central Florida to the Triangle sounds like an absolute no-brainer to me.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,584 times
Congrats on your first step...selling your home! We've had several client in town from FL who love it here but can't sell their homes

The Triangle area is a great place and has something for everyone! Our schools are great and Wake county has one of the highest numbers of Board Certified Teachers! There is lots of shopping, low taxes and plenty of employment! There is an abundence of things to do and the beach and mountains are only a short drive.

My suggestion would be to get a relocation package from a real estate agent...they should include info on homes, schools, things to do, neighborhoods, maps, shopping/entertainment, jobs, places or worship etc.... (or maybe that's just me). Search online for homes. When you get a better idea of the area come down...drive around and explore what areas you like and take a look at some homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary