Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 08:08 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,942,564 times

Advertisements

The new house will have a long but not deep screened porch with a bigger deck off of it. I can get either the porch or deck reinforced for a hot tub. how much will I want to use in 90 plus heat and will the mosquitoes make me regret having it on the deck. The deck allows a larger 2-4 person one while the porch works for a nice two seater or maybe larger. Please I need suggestions quickly. Porch or deck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 08:15 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,011,541 times
If it were me, well, part of the appeal of a hot tub is being able to be out at night and look up at the stars.......right? It seems like a screened in porch would make it feel quite closed in, but that is just me.

Are you someone who the mosquitoes love???? They usually bite me, but they never seemed to bother me when outside at night in a pool (maybe the chlorine?).

I would say deck...........

Leigh

Old 09-18-2007, 08:24 PM

242 posts, read 1,211,382 times
Our plan once down there will be to have the back deck extended around a large hot tub, instead of the hot tub being on the deck itself, making it easier to get in/out of. Hopefully, its something we can do once we arrive.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
If it were me, well, part of the appeal of a hot tub is being able to be out at night and look up at the stars.......right? It seems like a screened in porch would make it feel quite closed in, but that is just me.

Are you someone who the mosquitoes love???? They usually bite me, but they never seemed to bother me when outside at night in a pool (maybe the chlorine?).

I would say deck...........

Leigh

So you dont thing the mosquitoes will be a problem. I love the stars deck etc.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,342,473 times
Im trying to figure how the mosquitoe going to bite you when you are in the water? Unless mosquitoes they come with snorkel equipment and the steam would lear them away from your head unless mosquitoes they come with fog lights.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:48 PM

959 posts, read 4,486,989 times
We've used a deck enclosed hot tub at my inlaws quite often and have never been bit by mosquitos so maybe there's something they don't like about hot tubs? There are definitely mosquitos out there b/c if we sit around on the deck or front porch they'll bite us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
The new house will have a long but not deep screened porch with a bigger deck off of it. I can get either the porch or deck reinforced for a hot tub. how much will I want to use in 90 plus heat and will the mosquitoes make me regret having it on the deck. The deck allows a larger 2-4 person one while the porch works for a nice two seater or maybe larger. Please I need suggestions quickly. Porch or deck.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoblue View Post
We've used a deck enclosed hot tub at my inlaws quite often and have never been bit by mosquitos so maybe there's something they don't like about hot tubs? There are definitely mosquitos out there b/c if we sit around on the deck or front porch they'll bite us.
Everything you said makes sense and mosquitoes don't like moving water. Folks thank you it shall be the deck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary