Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 PM

26 posts, read 32,388 times

Advertisements

Hi all! We're TRYING to move down there with no luck.
Was first set on Raleigh, frustrated with the school situation, found Wake Forest, seems kids can still get shipped to neighboring cities-living in the neighborhood doesnt mean you can go to that school-odd. So, I just started looking into Clayton-seems you can go to the school closest to your house. I've read it's more blue collar, which is fine-but any info on the sense of "community". FOund a house I LOVE in the Summerlyn subdivision that's for rent-we wont be able to buy again when we're first moving, but they wont rent the house to us until I have a job. It's been suggested to move down and then hope for the teaching job as it's easier to get hired if you're local. I was told at the recruitment fair for Wake Co. that they need sp. ed. teachers and it should be no problem getting a position, but no job, no house, no local address, no interview. My husband is having the same problem-local residents only for interviews in his field!! UGH. We're going in circles. We have cats & kids so a hotel is not an option. Anyhow, IF we can get this worked out, hows the Summerlyn subdivision area?
We're currently in a large city with high crime and awful schools. The Schools near this area appear to get high marks. How about the neighborhood?
Also, UI ahve a son w/ down syndrome-any idea how they are w/ sp. ed. inclusion? I've had several people suggest Chappel Hill, but out of our price range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,238,776 times
Summerlyn is a great location in the Clayton area. The schools that children from Summerlyn attend are highly rated. Summerlyn developer is in process of building the clubhouse and pool. Previous developer went bankrupt. New park being built right across from Summerlyn. New dog park within walking distance. Come on down!

Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 PM

26 posts, read 32,388 times
Oh, I can't wait! Now the trick is to get the house I want so badly so we can then come down and focus on jobs-which will be easy to get in our fields once we're down there!
Thanks!!! Sounds great!

Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 PM

502 posts, read 1,654,712 times
I have clients who purchased in Summerlyn about 3.5 years ago and love it! The pool and clubhouse are supposed to be completed this summer. However when I was last there (maybe three weeks ago) the foundation wasn't completed yet. The dog park opened about a year ago and I believe it will be connected to the subdivision via a walking trail eventually.

Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary