Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 AM

35 posts, read 259,867 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Do you have any recommendations for the florist and indoor plants shop in Triangle area, please?

I'm looking for the florist, where you can pick up and have arrange flowers by yourself. I have difficulty finding florist in Triangle area - I saw bouquets in grocery stores, and now mostly ordering online, when needed. Any recommendations for florist here (besides your own garden), please?

Secondly, where do you shop for indoor plants? I saw some at home improvement and grocery stores, but not really a good selection....Any advice where to shop for indoor/room plants?

Many thanks for your help and sharing your experiences.

R.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 02:41 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,707 times
I pick up indoor plants at my local home improvement store. I like the fact that if they mysteriously die within a week or two, I can return them and get another one.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:42 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
I pick up indoor plants at my local home improvement store. I like the fact that if they mysteriously die within a week or two, I can return them and get another one.
Good one.

That is now the only place where I buy my outdoor plants since they are guaranteed for a year. Just be good about keeping your receipt in case the plant doesn't survive (They usually do - all except the ones from WM and WM doesn't guarantee them). Neither does any nursery around here that I know of.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
That's a great point, jinxor. Thank you!

Yes, so far it seems that local improvement stores are the best (?) option, but I just didn't like the selection they had...perhaps I was there at the wrong time.

Thanks again and I look forwards to hearing your experiences.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:36 PM

273 posts, read 911,953 times
One of the nicest plant shopping experiences in Raleigh is at the Main Farmers Market and another is the Logan Trading Post off Peace in downtown Raleigh.

Logan's is a great outing for the kids and the lunch is terrific at the Seaboard Cafe. I don't know how to quote threads from previous posts but there was a post in July with this title that lists more stores--some of which may be close to you.

You did not mention if you which city you wanted to shop in.

Raleigh Landscape/Plant Stores? Have fun!

Old 09-21-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4alark View Post
One of the nicest plant shopping experiences in Raleigh is at the Main Farmers Market and another is the Logan Trading Post off Peace in downtown Raleigh.

Logan's is a great outing for the kids and the lunch is terrific at the Seaboard Cafe. I don't know how to quote threads from previous posts but there was a post in July with this title that lists more stores--some of which may be close to you.

You did not mention if you which city you wanted to shop in.

Raleigh Landscape/Plant Stores? Have fun!
4alark, thank you for advice! Before I started this thread, I looked at the past posts, but could not find any re: indoors plants/flowers....until now....so I guess I just did not search properly. Sorry! Here's link to July's post for all interested:
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...nt-stores.html

However, that post has only recommendations for Raleigh - anything in Durham, or RTP area?

Thank again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary