Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 AM

476 posts, read 1,296,173 times

Advertisements

My husband and I went there for a lunch a few weeks ago. It was delicious! I am an honest reviewer as well, and I am picky about restaurants. Some other people who posted here didn't have great experiences. I guess they are a new restaurant and need some time to work out the kinks. I would encourage anyone to give them a try. It is so nice to have a great Italian restaurant in Cary at such a nice venue. I'd love to bring our kids next time and eat out on the patio and watch them play at the playground, head over for some homemade gelato at the cafe across the courtyard. We had the meatball appetizer which was terrific, and the sauce was amazing (and being Italian I am very picky about my sauce). I had a salad which was so good, very high quality ingredients. My husband had the pizza which was also excellent, thin crust, just perfect. Our service was excellent and we have zero complaints, and we will be back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 06:58 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Lol. Guess she won't be nominated for employee of the month any time soon.
lol I was thinking the same thing. If the owner overheard her, I doubt she'd be a waitress there for much longer!

Old 07-18-2012, 03:58 PM

455 posts, read 918,519 times
Wife and I went a few months back. Service was ok. We went with our two year old and I got really annoyed when the waitress started wagging her finger at him and saying "no, no". I mean really, don't parent my child...

Anways, I got some pasta with pesto, was pretty decent. Wife got some vegetarian lasagna and she ended up getting sick and refuses to go back.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,142 times
Default Worst Dining Experience Ever

Speaking of sending food back...I just had the worst experience EVER while dining at Enrigo's Italian Bistro in Cary.

On Saturday, 10/6/12, my family and I arrived at 7:20, waited till 7:45 to sit, ordered at 7:50 and at 8:50 our dinner arrived to our dismay. Mind you, our waitress had NOT checked on us but only once during that hour and I had to ask for water refills on several occasions. Once the food arrived, the chicken parm was smothered in vodka sauce...literally. I had been to Enrigo's before, had ordered the chicken parm, and tonight's looked nothing like it. Appalled by it's presentation and our one hour wait with our waitress only indicating that the 'kitchen was backed up,' I told her that I was not interested in the food and to send it back. I sat but for one minute partaking in my husband's pizza and sampling my mother's dish before, I kid you not, a man approached our table with my plate from the kitchen and aggressively said 'taste it.' I graciously declined and went back to eating with my family. He persisted and said 'taste it' with even more aggression. At this time my husband and brother rose and asked him to leave us as we were not interested in tasting the smothered chicken which had been watered down with sauce. We asked for the manager, as my heart rate was racing from being confronted so aggressively, and I kid you not...he said he was the OWNER! My family, now all on their feet, asked what was their customer relations policy and the owner said nothing other than 'taste it!' I have NEVER been spoken to so hastily in my life! I had to walk away while the owner persistently kept HARASSING my family. The only way I was able to get this man away from us was by re-approaching him with my camera and snapping a photo. I'm disgusted by the owner, his staff, and the food. I was naive in assuming my brother, a chef by the way, my mother, and my husband and I were going to have a nice evening out. Save your time, money, and blood pressure...and go someplace else.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacherNC View Post
Speaking of sending food back...I just had the worst experience EVER while dining at Enrigo's Italian Bistro in Cary.

On Saturday, 10/6/12, my family and I arrived at 7:20, waited till 7:45 to sit, ordered at 7:50 and at 8:50 our dinner arrived to our dismay. Mind you, our waitress had NOT checked on us but only once during that hour and I had to ask for water refills on several occasions. Once the food arrived, the chicken parm was smothered in vodka sauce...literally. I had been to Enrigo's before, had ordered the chicken parm, and tonight's looked nothing like it. Appalled by it's presentation and our one hour wait with our waitress only indicating that the 'kitchen was backed up,' I told her that I was not interested in the food and to send it back. I sat but for one minute partaking in my husband's pizza and sampling my mother's dish before, I kid you not, a man approached our table with my plate from the kitchen and aggressively said 'taste it.' I graciously declined and went back to eating with my family. He persisted and said 'taste it' with even more aggression. At this time my husband and brother rose and asked him to leave us as we were not interested in tasting the smothered chicken which had been watered down with sauce. We asked for the manager, as my heart rate was racing from being confronted so aggressively, and I kid you not...he said he was the OWNER! My family, now all on their feet, asked what was their customer relations policy and the owner said nothing other than 'taste it!' I have NEVER been spoken to so hastily in my life! I had to walk away while the owner persistently kept HARASSING my family. The only way I was able to get this man away from us was by re-approaching him with my camera and snapping a photo. I'm disgusted by the owner, his staff, and the food. I was naive in assuming my brother, a chef by the way, my mother, and my husband and I were going to have a nice evening out. Save your time, money, and blood pressure...and go someplace else.
Wow! I could almost feel your anxiety by reading your post. The owner was so confrontational and NEVER should have approached you asking to taste it. Let's see if they're in business a year from now. I'm guessing probably not.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 AM

Whoa, that is pretty nuts! Were there other patrons seated near you while this was happening? What was their reaction?

Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 AM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
That's so weird.

We ate there on Friday night and had a good time...arrived at about 5:45 and were seated immediately. Food was slow in arriving, but server was attentive and the food was good. Had the coccoli for appetizer and a couple of specials for main course...four cheese pizza and smoked salmon pasta. No complaints there. Wife had the strawberry tiramisu for dessert and loved it.

Was a beautiful evening to eat outside and let our 4yo romp around.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:33 AM

39 posts, read 125,848 times
Interesting to hear the negative comments. I have only been once (with three other people) and we all loved it. In fact, the other couple we went with has been back numerous times and has loved it every time. And, I have another friend whos has also been and loved it. I would definitely go back, espcially since I heard that they have some delicious gluten free pasta as well!

Old 03-15-2013, 07:29 AM

Well I still haven't tried this place but today's Living Social will finally convince me to: https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/6...6&rui=21524291

Anyone recently been?

Old 03-15-2013, 12:28 PM

3 posts, read 5,464 times
We have gone twice over the last year and will never return! We chalked the first experience up to them being new and still working out the kinks but the second time was worst than the first! The food was terrible and they werent accomodating or helpful at all (it was like "sorry your chicken was overdone and chewy") but the service was the worst...when the waitress wasnt completely ignoring our simple requests for drink refills she had such a bad attitude that it was just a bad experience all around. We love waverly place and want to support its growth as much as possible however we will not support enrigo's ever again!

However we did enjoy some awesome authentic gelato at fresca cafe which is right across from them!

Sent from my SGH-T989
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary