Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:29 PM

94 posts, read 248,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I like wake forest. It has newer and older areas and has a nice little downtown area. Here is a link to some picutres I took of the Wake Forest Farmer's Market and the Downtown Area.

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...-downtown.html
How often and when is the next farmers market downtown?

Where is a good place to get corn on the cob, etc in WF?

TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 05:32 AM

134 posts, read 410,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Tesla View Post
How often and when is the next farmers market downtown?

Where is a good place to get corn on the cob, etc in WF?

TIA.
There is a wonderful farmers market in downtown Wake Forest. Although I've noticed more and more people are discovering this, so I'm reluctant to publicize this much more......

It's every Saturday morning. If you want fresh eggs, get there early. They go quickly. The food is fantastic: organic fruits and veggies that taste so much better than what you find in grocery stores (no comparison, but how can you compare locally grown grapes or blueberries with something that was picked weeks ago and trucked across the country?)...

The problem is space. It's getting crowded, and the good food is going fast. But if you live in WF, it's crazy not to make use of the wonderful food available every Saturday, without fail. I'm always there, with the two kids and white dog in tow.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:15 PM

835 posts, read 2,877,464 times
The market is great, except one stand where they sold us corn...the entire half dozen was rotten with worms. I know there are several stands with corn, but unfortunately I don't know which one it was. I've since gone to the produce stand on the same lot as Aquarium Outfitters for corn, and it's been outstanding!

Old 02-07-2010, 10:59 AM

12 posts, read 44,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Tortora View Post
Moved here 16mos ago from CA. Born and raised on LI and grew up in California as I like to say. Wake Forest is about 12 miles NE of downtown Raleigh, & unless you work down there you'll probabaly stay in the North Raleigh area where there are 3 great malls within 10mins of each other, plenty of eateries and all easy to get too. Traffic is a relative thing I have found...here it moves. I was most intetersted in low crime, easy access, good public schools, good choice of State Universities and to have a well made home on some property. So far we're happy and there is a fair amount of growth planned here which will make it even more convenient and self sufficient. There are 2 hospitals I know of within 10-15 minutes and a great church parish St. Catherines...Good Luck!
We have been looking at Wake Forest for some time now, we are orig. from SoCal moved to West PA for about 4 years and now looking to head south or back to the west. How do you like it now that you've been there a couple years? I really liked West. PA the first couple years, but the winters are killing me and since this area has many generations of people living here, we are considered outsiders and my older children have a hard time fitting in. I've read and read that there's so many transplants moving into the Raleigh/Wake Forest area, that I think there won't be a problem, but it's a big decision and I'm wondering how someone from cali fits? Looking forward to a update. Thanks

Old 02-07-2010, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 4,109 times
Most of us living in WF are not from the area, your children will probably find students in their class from all over the US, including SoCal.
Definitely will NOT feel like an outsider here, we all are.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:52 AM

494 posts, read 1,388,444 times
Wake Forest is the best Raleigh suburb imo.Although,I don't like living here in NC in general,Living in WF has made it more pleasant.Not sure if anyone touched on it,but WF actually encompasses 3 counties(granville,franklin,wake).Many people tend to forget that WF is more than just Heritage.We are in northern WF by purnell Large lots,still close to all.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:33 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,074 times
I relocated here many years ago from CT. and raised my children in Raleigh off Creedmoor Rd. I recently moved near the downtown of Wake Forest and LOVE it here. I have so many clients recently relocating to the area and wanting WF :-) I think it's a great pick.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:18 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,116 times
Default Always changing for the better

Wake Forest is great for those that want a nice neighborhood that’s a little more rural than say Cary or Morrisville. Although the town has grown by leaps and bounds since we moved here from suburban Maryland back in 2004 it still maintains the quaint charm that attracted my wife and me to it in the first place.

I’m not at all surprised to hear that Wake Forest has become so desirable as the area really has what young upscale families as well as recent retirees are looking for. By that I mean that all the amenities ranging from indoor ice skating rinks to a Wellness Center are all just a stone throw away.

Yeah Wake Forest is my favorite place around Raleigh too and I’m not just saying that because I chose to live here. I’m saying it because even if I hit the lotto and won a million bucks I’d probably stay in this town but maybe purchase a little fancier home on Heritage’s Golf course.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:09 PM

494 posts, read 1,388,444 times
wow,talk about coincidence,I just spoke to the Ashe county agent listing my mountain house and she said Wake Forest was the topic of discussion at a recent agent seminar.She said they were speaking of it as a hot area.

Last edited by samdan; 02-08-2010 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 02-08-2010, 12:53 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,116 times
Default A thing of beauty is a joy forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
wow,talk about coincidence,I just spoke to the Ashe county agent listing my mountain house and she said Wake Forest was the topic of discussion at a recent agent seminar.She said they were speaking of it as a hot area.
Yes this is an EXTREMELY hot area which is a little surprising given the national economy. I guess it just goes to show that during harsh times people think a lot harder about a place they are contemplating relocating to. That being the case Wake Forest shines on so many levels as it’s a well managed town with the intangibles that attract smart buyers of all ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary