Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 02:27 PM

321 posts, read 880,484 times

Advertisements

You lose signal every day?? Wow....I can't remember the last time my cable TV went off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 02:45 PM

307 posts, read 672,972 times
AT&T U-verse will be available in my neighborhood within two months, supposedly. TWC upload is 512KB for Turbo. U-verse is 1.5MB for the same or less money.

TW has been at my house four times in the last month. I'm on my sixth DVR. Things seem to be working now, knock on wood, but I cannot wait for that moment when I tell TWC to come pick up their junk. I hate them (even though some of their techs are great people who are handicapped by their incompetent employer.)

Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp6453 View Post
AT&T U-verse will be available in my neighborhood within two months, supposedly. TWC upload is 512KB for Turbo. U-verse is 1.5MB for the same or less money.

TW has been at my house four times in the last month. I'm on my sixth DVR. Things seem to be working now, knock on wood, but I cannot wait for that moment when I tell TWC to come pick up their junk. I hate them (even though some of their techs are great people who are handicapped by their incompetent employer.)
Wait till you experience being a guinea pig for new technology from AT&T.

Do you remember how long it took for the telco to figure out how to make DSL work?

You may very well regret leaving TWC.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:44 AM

307 posts, read 672,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
You could be right.

You could be wrong.

It's not exactly a life-or-death decision.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:53 AM

32 posts, read 53,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Wait till you experience being a guinea pig for new technology from AT&T.

Do you remember how long it took for the telco to figure out how to make DSL work?

U-Verse is not new. It's been around for years in other markets. I have a friend in Houston who's had it it for years, and my officemate at work just got it here in Louisiana and they both swear by it, along with everyone else that I know who has U-Verse.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:49 AM

75 posts, read 253,480 times
I don't hate TWC, they've been pretty stable in the years I've had them. But they don't continue to innovate at the same pace as other companies in this area. Why can't I watch recorded DVR programs on any set top box, why can't I schedule recordings on my phone, where in the hell is NFL Network (lol), why is my set top box software so slow and unresponsive. But UVerse just announced availablity for my house (near Cary Pkwy/Old Apex Rd) so I'm going to test drive that for a while.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 PM

33 posts, read 71,671 times
TW has been the most disappointing experience I have had since moving to NC. I had U-verse before I moved and live 1 mile from a uverse area. IT taunts me so...

TW cant get their billing right for me, double charging and claiming nothing is wrong. I am thinking of switching to Clear 4g and using Hulu and netflix for tv.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,439 times
Default I am so disgusted with Time Warner. So long TWC!

I had been thinking about leaving TWC for a while. I always considered them to be overpriced -- $138/mo. with no special channel box. THEN, they had the gall to announce an increase of $17/mo. with no upgrades. I am switching tomorrow to an ATT bundle which will save me $50/mo. I am feeling the liberation already, like I did when I canned Verizon for a prepaid card.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
We have had a lot of channels that are blank and suddenly appear after a minute or three. We have the "lock" on the cable / internet bundle price right now. Probably won't stay if the price jumps significantly this summer when our lock / guarentee pricing is over.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 PM

767 posts, read 1,848,415 times
Do not get me started...I just recently had a 5 call, 5 answer escapade with them that lasted a month. Not one of them knew what the last one had did...which was nothing. Do yourself a favor...if you call them, immediately ask for the "retention dept" and then tell them your rates are too high and if they don't have a decent package you're switching to satellite. Seriously...they are the most clueless incompetent customer service dept ever...hands down.

The only thing good I have to say is that retention did give me a good deal...digital cable with HD tier, DVR, and cable modem (we dropped the phone) for $84 a month for a yr including tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary