Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 11:02 AM

226 posts, read 788,036 times

Advertisements

Same with me. We've never had an issue with TWC. And they have just launched their "Start Over" feature on a few channels with more to come. I'm excited about that feature!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 11:07 AM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,535 times
Default reply

TWC has done a fine job by me. I have their phone service, internet and cable. When a problem has arisen, they have always taken care of it quickly. I cannot ask for more than that.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:05 PM

5 posts, read 37,526 times
I used to dislike Time Warner as well until I moved into an area that only had Charter cable service. Absolutely the worse cable service I've ever had. Took almost a year before the high speed internet worked properly and the channels still have a little static in them from time to time.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:42 AM

376 posts, read 1,062,518 times
We had TWC when we moved here a year ago, stuck with it for several months. Numerous service calls and four cable boxes later, we said good riddance. What a stupid company. Their hardware stinks. We switched to Direct TV and have been much happier.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:39 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvinegal View Post
We had TWC when we moved here a year ago, stuck with it for several months. Numerous service calls and four cable boxes later, we said good riddance. What a stupid company. Their hardware stinks. We switched to Direct TV and have been much happier.
Your gonna regret that with the dark storm clouds we get here. Satellite service is in and out. Google satellite TV complaints and you will find thousands.

Good luck!

Old 05-24-2009, 11:02 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,501 times
The bigger a company grows, the more diverse the range of satisfaction that company will earn. This, simply, due to the number of subscribers. I'm sure the complaints are just as strong with their competitors. This is not saying that either complaints or praise is invalid. Just that everyone here will probably have a slightly different take on things.

Me, I haven't had any terrible issues with TimeWarner... at least with their online service since I do not subscribe to their cable. Sure, I'd like to get basic cable, but they want to charge me a connection fee. Considering I've been with them for three years and they aren't doing anything different than other free offers, just flipping a switch or removing a fifty cent filter for a potential lifetime of profit generating service, I really can't fault them for that.

I've had outages too. Sometimes at the worst possible times when I'm working on important work or personal matters... but that just happens. I call them up, they tell me what's up, and I wait till they fix the issue (sometimes the issue has nothing to do with them, but with crooks trying to steal cable or something).

The online speed I get is generally consistent and fast (5mb). I would love to pay less for that (under thirty if I could, but I pay somewhere around 40), but I don't have many options. Though I did call them to ask if they could give me a break on my online service since finances are tough, they did reduce my fees down to 29 bucks for six months.

But, again, I don't have anyone HERE to compare since my experience was with online companies in the west. I'm open to other suggestions, but in the end, I see benefits and problems with all the carriers. Take any feedback with a grain of salt, sort through any biased muck, and get the best price possible. And keep shopping... one never knows when a new deal comes around.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:51 PM

376 posts, read 1,062,518 times
we've already weathered the entire summer last year -- thunderstorms and all--with satellite TV and I'll take the occasional annoying outages any time over the TWC "flea circus" of a company, to quote another poster here.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:09 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Your gonna regret that with the dark storm clouds we get here. Satellite service is in and out. Google satellite TV complaints and you will find thousands.

Good luck!
TWC went out at my house more than my satellite did. I am happy as hell I ditched them. TWC knows that our neighborhood has issues and in over 6 months could never fix the problem. It is a problem with the main lines that maintenance takes care of (it only effected the digital boxes in the house)

Old 05-25-2009, 07:27 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
TWC went out at my house more than my satellite did. I am happy as hell I ditched them. TWC knows that our neighborhood has issues and in over 6 months could never fix the problem. It is a problem with the main lines that maintenance takes care of (it only effected the digital boxes in the house)

We had satellite at 2 different locations and had outages during weather. Had TWC for years now in 3 different locations and it has been rock solid. They had to eliminate the generic builder's splitter box that was in our new home, to eliminate an initial issue, but they took care of that free of charge and very quick. Sweet as pie customer service, too. No wait time when calling the second number listed on their site. They will have to pry the TWC remote out of my cold dead hands. I would never use anything other than TWC, they have been that damn good.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,827 times
While speaking with the Sales Agent about the Price Lock Gaurantee, he did explain that there would be a fee if I broke the "2 year" contract so I specifically asked them "What if I move?" They said this was transferrable to the new location. I then asked "What if I move to a location that you do not service?" He then said that I would be released from my contract. NOT TRUE!!! They totally lied!!! Not only to me but to three of my neighbors as well. They all asked the exact question and were told the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary