Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 03:28 PM

245 posts, read 809,234 times

Advertisements

My husband and I moved here from Middletown, CT. We sold our house there and have been renting a place in Cary off Davis Drive for a year. LOVE IT! My husband calls this type of living a "Human Habitrail" after those plastic habitats you can buy for gerbils and hamsters. He's the type of guy who likes a lot of space and trees... not master-planned communities with lookalike houses, strip malls everywhere, etc. But believe it or not, Human Habitrail is not all that bad! We love all the public spaces, playgrounds, parks (Jordan Lake is amazing and 20 min away). I've lived in several places (originally from Plymouth, MA, also lived in NJ, Boston, upstate NY, NYC, Bay Area of CA, and Maine.) I like the Triangle area because there's a lot of smart people living good lives at affordable prices while working at top-notch companies, universities, hospitals, etc. As a young family, we couldn't ask for more. We are now looking to buy a house, and our only problem is that there are so many options, each one looking better than the last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2006, 04:27 PM

312 posts, read 1,904,892 times
We're from FL. We are moving into Clayton in two weeks. We will miss DisneyWorld and the beach (about 5 mins from our home), but like other posters said, it will take about 1 1/2 hours to the Carolinas beach from Clayton.

I love the weather in NC as we've been there occassionall (house and job hunting). It's so much better than FL! The jobs are more available in NC so are plenty of stores to shop. The cost of the new home and the pay rate in NC are so much better than FL.

School is important factor - better school's scores than FL.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:39 PM

107 posts, read 354,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed View Post
Just curoius, where about in Apex are you renting right now?
We are renting in Walden creek . Where abouts are you renting ?

Old 10-16-2006, 08:38 PM

24 posts, read 73,598 times
We've been in Apex for about a month now - moved from MA. My husband's an NC native, but I grew up in CT. We're loving it so far, and there's nothing that I've discovered missing here yet.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:58 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,006,893 times
We are from CA. We have been here (Holly Springs) since August and love it.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 7,876 times
Default New Orleans, Louisiana

I just moved here from New Orleans, Louisiana. I love it here and will never go back to Louisiana. I like seeing all the green, the huge blue sky, and all the beautiful fall colors! Raleigh is the perfect place for me!!!

Old 10-19-2006, 08:03 PM

56 posts, read 263,769 times
We plan on moving to Raleigh from Phoenix and before that spent 50 years in Ann Arbor MI. Phoenix is nice but too hot in the summer and high cose of living. I will say though, the property taxes in Phoenix are low. Can anyone tell me what the property taxes would be on a $300,000 house?

Old 10-19-2006, 08:43 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,860,907 times
On $300,000, it would be slightly over $3,000.00 per year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary