Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 05:29 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandorangeskittles View Post
Hmmm I have been going to Fred Anderson for the past few years. I'm wondering if I should switch.
Definitely. Anderson was great years ago but slipped badly after the new building and their conversion to high pressure advertising.

Leith is a refreshing change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 05:47 AM

277 posts, read 797,747 times
We use Gary Burcham at Burcham Automotive. He is honest and a very talented mechanic. He's in Raleigh and his number is 919-790-2656.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:58 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
I wanted to thank everybody for the fine recommendations. We ended up going to WASP, and honest doesn't even cover it. We brought the car in saying we needed new brakes and wanted them to check it out for anything else it might need (at 90K miles, that can get pricey).

Several hours later, we received a phone call to tell us that the car needed nothing. Absolutely nothing. The brakes were nearly new! Seems both of us had forgotten that we had them replaced a few months ago before we left Arizona.

WASP continued to impress us when I asked them what the charge would be for all the work they had done to check it out. Nothing, since we were a first time customer and they hoped we be back.

for sure. In fact, I brought them cookies when I went in to retrieve the car the next day.

(I'll admit - the place is hard to find, parking is impossible, it's a messy looking shop and the waiting room needs to a total renovation - but the honesty is above reproach. Based on reviews from other websites, like yelp, I think it's pretty clear the quality of their work is excellent.)

thanks again.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:30 AM

650 posts, read 929,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I wanted to thank everybody for the fine recommendations. We ended up going to WASP, and honest doesn't even cover it. We brought the car in saying we needed new brakes and wanted them to check it out for anything else it might need (at 90K miles, that can get pricey).

Several hours later, we received a phone call to tell us that the car needed nothing. Absolutely nothing. The brakes were nearly new! Seems both of us had forgotten that we had them replaced a few months ago before we left Arizona.

WASP continued to impress us when I asked them what the charge would be for all the work they had done to check it out. Nothing, since we were a first time customer and they hoped we be back.

for sure. In fact, I brought them cookies when I went in to retrieve the car the next day.

(I'll admit - the place is hard to find, parking is impossible, it's a messy looking shop and the waiting room needs to a total renovation - but the honesty is above reproach. Based on reviews from other websites, like yelp, I think it's pretty clear the quality of their work is excellent.)

thanks again.
Thank you for replying back. So many do not do this and it does help us all when you do.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:15 AM

242 posts, read 465,620 times
The Raines Garage, just outside of Mebane does excellent work at reasonable prices 919-563-9619, Victor and Jerry, a father and son team.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:08 PM

22 posts, read 52,451 times
DAUNTLESS TRANSMISSIONS
8809 Gulf Court
Raleigh, NC 27617

I've taken my car to these guys a few times. Its a father and son business. These guys have always provided exceptional service (or recommended an equally exceptional mechanic). They specialize in transmission repair, but provide other general mechanic services. Check them out online; they have TONS of great reviews from customers.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:19 PM

756 posts, read 836,301 times
my vote is also Leith- their customer service is above and beyond... haven't been disappointed yet.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:21 PM

635 posts, read 1,617,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

thanks again.
Glad to hear it. I didn't see your OP in time but was going to suggest WASP as well. We have used them the last few times we've needed anything and are impressed also by their honesty, quality of work, and pricing.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:15 PM

53 posts, read 92,388 times
My sister lives near North Hills area and has gone to the same mechanic since 1991. She buys all her used cars from him, incl her current Toyota Avalon. Autobahn Automotive.

In fact, when we were visiting a few weeks ago, we thought we had air conditioning problems. he checked out our mini van and said some things would need replacing in the future, but nothing today, and charged us $0. Honesty!

Old 08-12-2012, 11:07 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
As the OP, I wanted to update this thread.

We've used WASP twice now - once for our Honda, once for the Toyota - and they are great. Worst waiting room I've ever seen, but that's pretty minor. Especially when you start talking to the other long term customers who rave about the place. I'm a new fan.

OTOH, we visited Leith Toyota sales department looking to lease or purchase a new Toyota. Without hesitation, I can report it was absolutely the worst sales experience we've ever had. The old style car sleeze of never getting a price, haggling for hours, agree on a price then the paperwork shows something different. (I'm an accountant and I CAN read this stuff. Furthermore, my husband was a sales manager in dealerships for many years. We know the drill).

When we finally said "enough" and walked out - politely - the salesman and manager actually held on to OUR car door attempting to stop us!

Leith will never get a dime from us - for a purchase, lease, parts, or service.

Last edited by Jkgourmet; 08-12-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary