Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 PM

86 posts, read 141,758 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I haven't been able to find many places willing to buzz cut (crew cut) a man's hair for less than $15 a pop. Any ideas would really be helpful.

Any barber shop/salon around east Raleigh into Garner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 08:38 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workerbeeishere View Post
Hello,

I haven't been able to find many places willing to buzz cut (crew cut) a man's hair for less than $15 a pop. Any ideas would really be helpful.

Any barber shop/salon around east Raleigh into Garner.
Not sure there is any place less then that...even some place like super cuts is going to be that price (my husband was desperate one Saturday....never again.)

Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 PM

14 posts, read 62,598 times
If you find a place let me know. I have been here for six months and have went through 4 barber shops and hair salons. I have to change barber's all the time because they eventually give me a bad cut and I dont want to go back to them.

One time i had a inch difference between the width of my sideburns. LOL, I am not kidding.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:42 PM

Default I went to a super cuts once, thought the hair cut was ok, until...

I arrived home and washed my hair that night and dryed it with a towel.

WAAM, that girl most have been **** eyed, lol.

It only cost me $12, but I had to chape it up my self with my own clippers.

My regular lady charges $18 and the lady before her charged me $20.

They have the nerve to ask if I want to tip at the end, !

Every time, I have to go home and touch up the cut.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-27-2007 at 01:34 AM.. Reason: RACIAL

Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 PM

Default asanti, I am not laughing, side burns are a big no, no for making mistakes

I usually tell the hair stylist to leave the sides alone. I will go home and shave and adjust accordingly. Heck, if they screw up, I have to tilt my head for a week, to keep others from noticing, joke!

I would like to open my own barber shop. No frills, get your hair wacked in ten minutes or less. No girly hair cuts. Simply, crew cuts, like the 50's.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
I go to Glen's Barber and Style Shop on Main Street in Clayton.....may be a little far for you but it's $13 for a great cut and my hair is hard to cut. All of the barbers can cut it too which is pretty rare. I have a baby afro and tapered side burns and my neck is faded. I am mixed and my hair is curly and does not sit still for hair cuts.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:29 AM

180 posts, read 662,355 times
My boyfriend goes to the Hair Cuttery in Brier Creek. (Hair Cuttery:: Color . Cuts . Style) There is a small Asian woman that does a FANTASTIC job! I think her name is Ann or something like that? I'd recommend going there! He does have to run immediately home and shower right after...but everytime she does an excellent cut. I also think it's only $12. My boyfriend usually gets a number 2 on the top? And very short on the sides...simple kind of cut really.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:06 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLamothe View Post
My boyfriend goes to the Hair Cuttery in Brier Creek. (Hair Cuttery:: Color . Cuts . Style) There is a small Asian woman that does a FANTASTIC job! I think her name is Ann or something like that? I'd recommend going there! He does have to run immediately home and shower right after...but everytime she does an excellent cut. I also think it's only $12. My boyfriend usually gets a number 2 on the top? And very short on the sides...simple kind of cut really.
Okay, why does he have to run home immediately afterwards?

Old 09-27-2007, 06:13 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Okay, why does he have to run home immediately afterwards?
A haircut with a happy ending?!?!

Old 09-27-2007, 06:23 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
I do my own with a good set of clippers. There is a barber shop in cary at buck-jones rd that has been there since the 50's. They deliver no frills guy cuts, and do it well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary