Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,334 times

Advertisements

I was searching on the new for some information on the houses in this area and i was wondering what you found out...uh, i don't know how this works so here is an email address andreaklein209 at aol dot com
Thanks,
Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighBound View Post
Does anyone know anything about this community? We are looking to build soon with KB Homes and they have a community over there. I'm not familiar with Raleigh and which parts are good and bad because I live in Apex now. I love Apex but can't afford the houses there. Someone please help me! Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by andirae; 04-26-2009 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: email..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:31 AM

220 posts, read 866,035 times
Default I used to live there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighBound View Post
Does anyone know anything about this community? We are looking to build soon with KB Homes and they have a community over there. I'm not familiar with Raleigh and which parts are good and bad because I live in Apex now. I love Apex but can't afford the houses there. Someone please help me! Thanks in advance!!
I know exactly where you are talking about-- DO NOT BUY THERE!!! My sister and her husband bought in the back of the neighborhood, the more expensive homes. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE has come of that choice unfortunately. The homes are nice, yes, but the residents are... well. She lives by the park, and the teenagers play loud bumping music, do drugs, and cause chaos. I could never take my daughter to the park to play for fear. The teenagers actually broke her neighbor's window. The police were called often to the park, but the trouble makers would always come back. She tried to sell her house, it would not sell. Many neighbors have the same problem, their house won't sell. Also the shopping areas around there are scary at night, unless you drive to Clayton.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:39 PM
SWA

17 posts, read 38,901 times
It is not like Apex. You should explore and spend time around that area...so if it works for you.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 PM

41 posts, read 223,537 times
From someone who actually lives in the community: I've lived here for over a year now and have very few complaints. First let's be honest about why people are drawn to this neighborhood in the first place. It's inexpensive!! You get more house for your money. If you can afford a $200,000 house, you can definitely find a better community. The place is HUGE and you do actually have your quiet areas and then areas I wouldn't live in, for instance around the park. I live on the street with the park about 1/4 mile up and although I've never even seen the activities people speak of, I know it's had its problems. But on my end all you can hear sitting on your porch at night are crickets . I absolutely love it! I would suggest anyone planning to move here to take a ride through at different times of day, different days and make a judgment for yourself. If you're interested in a house, knock on the neighbor's door and ask about the area! You'll see couples walking dogs and pushing strollers, people running, walking and exercising, chatting with neighbors and enjoying a nice sunny day as with any other nice neighborhood. People of all colors and backgrounds and it's what we like most about the neighborhood. I have to tell you that the biggest complaint I've had the past few months (and I know it's petty) but some people just refuse to mow their lawns! Uggh! But it's going to be things like that that set it apart from the "better" neighborhoods. We personally don't plan to be here more than 5 years or so but it's been a great starter home/community for us. Our main reason for moving would be for more land.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:40 AM

41 posts, read 223,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis511 View Post
Also the shopping areas around there are scary at night, unless you drive to Clayton.
This is FAR from the truth. The only bad shopping area I know of is the shopping center on Rock Quarry Road just before getting on the beltline. It's rough and I don't even go there during the day personally. There is a new Food Lion center on Battle Bridge Raod literally 5 mins from Battle Ridge which is REALLY nice and well kept. There is shopping in Garner's new White Oak shoppng center with Target, Best Buy, BJ's etc. and Knightdale w/Wal-mart, Home Depot, Lowes and more which we can get to all in about 10 mins. We have no problem getting whatever we need without having to drive into Raleigh. I actually prefer it.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:57 AM

220 posts, read 866,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wufpak27 View Post
This is FAR from the truth. The only bad shopping area I know of is the shopping center on Rock Quarry Road just before getting on the beltline. It's rough and I don't even go there during the day personally. There is a new Food Lion center on Battle Bridge Raod literally 5 mins from Battle Ridge which is REALLY nice and well kept. There is shopping in Garner's new White Oak shoppng center with Target, Best Buy, BJ's etc. and Knightdale w/Wal-mart, Home Depot, Lowes and more which we can get to all in about 10 mins. We have no problem getting whatever we need without having to drive into Raleigh. I actually prefer it.
I apologize, you are correct in what you said. I was referring to the areas on Rock Quarry Road, Poole Road and New Bern Ave. I was at the Walmart on New Bern Ave once and the jewrely store in the same shopping center was being robbed and police came and everything! It was scary. The areas in Garner are very nice, and that new Food Lion is nice as well. It also has a McD's, and idk what else now (I moved a few months ago). I think if you can only afford that area, then certainly that's fine. Do what you think is best for your family! I just think for what some of the homes in the back of the neighborhood cost ($175+) you can find a nicer, safer, cleaner, more stable area. Homes in Garner for example are affordable, and it's a much nicer area in most parts. Good luck to those considering this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary