Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:28 PM

709 posts, read 935,116 times

Advertisements

Lets look at what really is happening over the past 12 months. well in the land of the bubble areas like NJ NY CA FL AZ NV MA CT if you waited you could have saved 100k on many homes in the 500K range. Now homes that were selling for 500 in 06 are listing for 400K now in many of those areas. here in the triangle well I would be careful. Sure the lower end 150 to 200 will not lose any value, hopefully, because I have seen some of these homes in certain neighborhoods and some people just do not maintain these babies and whoa some homes really look like garbage, anyway the 350 home here in the triangle may be a 300 home in the next 18 to 24 months. That said DON'T sell now!!

Live we moved here because we like the area. things will slowly improve, but if the don't all areas will be less and the loss you might have to take here will be made up in another area when you buy.

Its all good!

Old 09-28-2007, 05:12 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times
What do you guys (particularly realtors) think about a situation in which you're sure you'll sell in five years? Or perhaps less?

I saw Cramer say what he said on the Today show and saw him again this a.m. when they head a realtor on...I think I get where he's coming from, though it does seem more location specific than that.

But it sounds like the poster who compared this to blue chip stocks might be on the money. In my case, I'm renting - I'm tempted to buy next year, but am iffy about settling down here. To lose money would be VERY BAD.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:05 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Triangle Business Journal: Outlook (http://triangle.bizjournals.com/bizoutlook/?market=triangle - broken link)

At least the above article goes market to market.
You have been raised well and understand the value of knowledge, fact finding, analysis and synthesis

Old 09-28-2007, 07:16 PM

331 posts, read 1,126,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Actually, there is NO credibility in what Cramer said.
Zero. Absolutes undermine reason.
Everyone who buys a house now will NOT lose money in their home.

My response to the thread included:
"Some buying homes today will lose money. Some will make money. Some will buy and own a home and pass it to their descendents."

Cramer disagrees with me, saying, "Don't you dare buy a home now, you will lose money."

If you have to pick only one of those two comments to support, which is more reasoned and accurate? If you can, forget that I have a real estate license and just focus on the two comments.
Which is more reasonable?
You protest too much.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Triangle Business Journal: Outlook (http://triangle.bizjournals.com/bizoutlook/?market=triangle - broken link)

At least the above article goes market to market.
NOOOOOOO! You're a liar! I'm sticking my fingers in my ears now so that I can't hear you. Lalalalalalalalalalalala....

Old 09-28-2007, 07:38 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
You protest too much.
I think Jim Cramer yells too much.

I'd sooner take RE advice from Seinfeld's "Kramer" or a Magic 8 Ball.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

I think Jim Cramer yells too much.
He definitely yells too much but the rest of your post is way off base. Cramer comes off as a buffoon but his track record is solid.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
NOOOOOOO! You're a liar! I'm sticking my fingers in my ears now so that I can't hear you. Lalalalalalalalalalalala....
Thats really hilarious. He gave you an article to read to form your own opinion with and you....................
So much for scholarly research

Old 09-28-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Thats really hilarious. He gave you an article to read to form your own opinion with and you....................
So much for scholarly research
Let me break this down for you. I agree with the article so my over-the-top mock disagreement with the article was funny. It is called sarcasm. You should look into it sometime.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:20 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:
Let me break this down for you. I agree with the article so my over-the-top mock disagreement with the article was funny. It is called sarcasm. You should look into it sometime.
I think Tuborg used a bit o' sarcasm himself in his statement and of course you agree with Cramer because it seems you cannot go out and form your own opinion or do your own research. Seems that you choose to follow others as opposed to making your own conclusions and earning your own victories. It's understandable though....being that all you do is sit on the computer and post threads in this.........oh wait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary