Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 06:16 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,862,410 times

Advertisements

Pizza snob, if you are looking for what I think you are, don't waste your time with Lily's. It's not pizza. It might appeal to lots of people, but if you are looking for well made Neapolitan style, look elsewhere.

Also, Daniels would be out of business in NJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 06:32 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,983,257 times
Kill two birds with one stone - go to Fuquay Varina and try Assagios (slow but good). Then drive 5 minutes to Sunni Skys.

(And you can finish it all off with some beer at the Aviator Brewery tour!)

Old 07-07-2012, 06:42 AM

22,648 posts, read 36,629,764 times
I don't get Daniel's either. Food is good, but not to the point that they do the business that they do. I think people like to support a non-chain, and I'm all for that, though! They do have pizza, but I'd say it falls less under "NY Neapolitan" than "trying to be gourmet".

Old 07-07-2012, 07:47 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,134,626 times
Keep in mind Daniel's location. There's not much else around there other than stuff like Mcdonald's.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:06 AM

9,767 posts, read 15,730,157 times
I had Randy's while at a party at Life & Science Musuem in Durham. Their pizza was very good! Best I've had here. In Chapel Hill, we've tried Pazzo (okay - seasoned crust) and Alfredo's in University Mall (undercooked, but has potential). We've heard that IP3 is the best in CH, so we're trying that next!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:57 AM

892 posts, read 3,155,632 times
I was recently shocked by the deliciously tasty pies from Pizza .

Old 07-07-2012, 01:55 PM

270 posts, read 378,461 times
We went to the Durham Farmer's Market today and I tried Pie Pushers for the first time. Just a slice of plain cheese...have to say, I was disappointed. The crust was super-thin but fairly crisp. It was really bland, I didn't taste the sauce at all.
I've had some good, thin pizza at Bella Italia in Wake Forest but they are inconsistent with charred bottom sometimes.
Totally different but I really like Lilly's thick-crust with eggplant topping. I like that their crust tastes a bit sweet.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:59 PM

24 posts, read 44,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
We went to the Durham Farmer's Market today and I tried Pie Pushers for the first time. Just a slice of plain cheese...have to say, I was disappointed. The crust was super-thin but fairly crisp. It was really bland, I didn't taste the sauce at all.
I've had some good, thin pizza at Bella Italia in Wake Forest but they are inconsistent with charred bottom sometimes.
Totally different but I really like Lilly's thick-crust with eggplant topping. I like that their crust tastes a bit sweet.
I remember seeing the Pie Pushers in Durham at an event. I didn't try because I opted for a sausage and peppers sandwich. If the sauce was bland, you just made my choosing not to get it a smart move. Thanks.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
I had Randy's while at a party at Life & Science Musuem in Durham. Their pizza was very good! Best I've had here. In Chapel Hill, we've tried Pazzo (okay - seasoned crust) and Alfredo's in University Mall (undercooked, but has potential). We've heard that IP3 is the best in CH, so we're trying that next!
I've heard the IP3 in CH is good, and the reviews on Yelp back it up. I don't get out that way all too often, but I got to remember to try a slice next time I'm there. I agree with Randy's, pretty consistent and I've tried several of their subs too, good stuff.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I don't get Daniel's either. Food is good, but not to the point that they do the business that they do. I think people like to support a non-chain, and I'm all for that, though! They do have pizza, but I'd say it falls less under "NY Neapolitan" than "trying to be gourmet".
It's every single time driving by I look, and low and behold, the lot is jam-packed with cars. They did a nice remodeling job on the outside, I'll give them that. I choose Mambo Italiano just a little further down the road over this place. But something insde keeps telling me to try it one more time and maybe I was there on an off night, or I just want to try and understand this place. Maybe they have blow-up cars in the parking lot or "staged" patrons there, who knows. I just need to convince myself to one day try it again over all of the other good eats around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary