Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:26 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,125 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure there is an electromagnetic field or some sort of force over my house which prevents rain from falling in my immediate neighborhood.

I got so excited last week when the radar was glowing green, red and yellow in my neighborhood (yes, I'm a weather nerd and love my HD Radar app). I thought, "yay, finally, rain!" Yet, with this supposed weather directly over my house, per the radar, not a drop of rain fell. I'm feeling jinxed. My formerly beautiful lawn is dead, which happens every year, just not quite this soon.

Once again though, Greg Fishel says it's going to rain and this week, it will be widespread. I am praying for some rain today or tomorrow. Watering my few remaining veggie plants is back breaking.

Do you have this same electromagnetic field hovering over your house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 12:27 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Yes, till Friday night - then we got hail, rain, thunder and lightning. And it's getting cloudy
out now!

Old 07-09-2012, 12:33 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,130 times
Finally rained this morning after 2 straight weeks of no rain and 100+ temps. My yard, which was lush and green, is now half dead.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:35 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,688,415 times
I'm betting it is going to storm somewhere this afternoon/evening!

Roll down all your car windows, water your lawn and hang all your laundry out on the clothes line. Get out some lawn tools and leave them in the yard. Put a drop cloth on the lawn and paint something on it. Plan an elaborate picnic dinner. Take all your umbrellas to work and leave them under your desk.

Clearly you haven't been working hard enough to get it to rain on your house.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:40 PM

60 posts, read 113,499 times
Ha- I've been feeling this way all week. I watched the Storm Tracker all yesterday afternoon, watching the green blob come closer and closer...and then it split in two and went completely around my neighborhood. This week is looking quite promising though. Fingers crossed!

Old 07-09-2012, 12:45 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
I've been getting rain in my neck of the woods in North Raleigh. Little micro bursts with heavy downpours. Including hail. My rain barrel keeps getting full.

You can keep Greg and his predictions. "I count on Chris!".

Old 07-09-2012, 12:46 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,154,735 times
My garden is looking pretty pathetic these days but I can imagine how much worse it'll be if we don't get rain this week. I'm going out of town tomorrow for the week and my husband's idea of watering the garden is throwing his ice cubes from his tea on a plant.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:33 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
I'm betting it is going to storm somewhere this afternoon/evening!

Roll down all your car windows, water your lawn and hang all your laundry out on the clothes line. Get out some lawn tools and leave them in the yard. Put a drop cloth on the lawn and paint something on it. Plan an elaborate picnic dinner. Take all your umbrellas to work and leave them under your desk.

Clearly you haven't been working hard enough to get it to rain on your house.
So THAT'S what I have been doing wrong! LOL! Gotta go back the car out of the garage and roll down all the windows. I did water the (dead) grass last night.

I have The Weather Channel on. I want to throw something at the TV because it keeps saying "an extreme thunderstorm warning has been issued for our area." Yeah? Well, DONDE ESTA???

OMG I hear thunder!

Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,938,023 times
It's getting darker and very windy in Raleigh right now, but no rain in sight yet. Seems to be moving in from the east, oddly.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:04 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
TV weatherman is one of the few jobs you can be wrong so much and make way into the 6 figures. It is pretty hard to accurately forecast the kind of stuff we are getting today thigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary