Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:14 PM

3 posts, read 6,760 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the area soon and recently visited a few apartments in the Brier Creek area. I like the area in general and for me it is very convenience for work. Does anyone have any opinions of Carrington at Brier Creek, Providence, or Colonial Grand at Brier Creek? They all appear nice in person. I've looked at ApartmentRatings.com but I don't like those reviews since most the people a)are angry, or b)work for the complex and are trying to boost ratings... so any real opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 08:12 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,662,664 times
I'm living in my third Colonial Grand property (Arringdon) and I've never found any negatives for any of their properties (and the cable is free, which is nice). I don't think you could go wrong with any of those you mentioned.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:55 AM

460 posts, read 1,018,451 times
My sister lives in Providence.... and she loves it! Very convenient to everything... and nice grounds. She's been there I think about three years. Safe area, and friendly neighbors, with a variety of ages, but I think many young adults. Also any maintenance issues have been taken care of very quickly... so def should be an option on your list!

Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM

19,447 posts, read 27,871,647 times
We are living in Carrington right now. The apartments themselves are pretty nice (make sure you get an updated one.) the community is quiet and we don't hear much noise coming through the walls. The apartments are LARGE and well appointed (no microwave though).

But the office is disorganized and maintenance is spread very thin. Stuff gets fixed, but you sometimes have to call a couple of times.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:47 PM

399 posts, read 805,873 times
Colonial Grand at Brier Creek is a pretty good place. I lived there for a year. The inside looks nice and they have crown moulding, ceiling fans, nicer black appliances. The apts have a more upscale condo / corporate feel.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 AM

70 posts, read 162,200 times
Anyone in preserve or providence.. or an apartment that forces you to pay $40 for cable.. Was curious how much you end up paying for the whole package phone/internet/cable?

Old 07-11-2012, 01:48 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,176,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders View Post
Anyone in preserve or providence.. or an apartment that forces you to pay $40 for cable.. Was curious how much you end up paying for the whole package phone/internet/cable?
If you think $40 is high, try paying individual rate with TWC.

There is a new customer deal at TWC for $99 (first year) cable + internet + unlimited phone.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:34 PM

19,447 posts, read 27,871,647 times
In Carrington, we are paying $99/mo for a ton of cable channels including Showtime and a fairly decent speed of high speed internet through Time Warner. Phone is not included, which is fine with us as we are trying to convert to cell only. The $99 also includes water, an alarm system and pest control services.

We wanted HBO, so that added a few bucks to the bill, which we pay directly to TW.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:47 AM

164 posts, read 426,816 times
I know someone that works for the company that owns Carrington and a couple other properties in Raleigh and she says that everyone loves Carrington. It was recently purchased by her company so they are still trying to sort out the paperwork/filing from the prior owners but she says it has been a smoother transition than normal for them and that the tenants their love it.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:24 PM

47 posts, read 100,257 times
i've lived in just about every apartment complex in brier creek and there are pros and cons to every one of them. like for instance ashley park is gated but the grounds are hideous and the management could be better, the grounds at the preserve are just about as good as it gets and they have two very nice pools but the rates are high, carrington's location suffers due to the fact that its located on tw alexander, and providence and colonial grand are good because they're located behind Earth Fare(Gods gift to humanity) and urgent care buildings. dont waste your time with the exchange unless you're in to that type of property, the rates are ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary