Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:06 PM

258 posts, read 543,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Fitzgerald's Seafood opened nearby on Millbrook near Atlantic, the old Royal China restaurant.
What type of seafood? I mean... is it all fried and standard plated type stuff or is it fresh and a bit out of the ordinary?

We lived 7 miles from the beach for over 10 years, so fresh (not fried) is always what I'm looking to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,146,620 times
according to their website and looking at the menu, it will be primarily Calabash style = fried.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 PM

545 posts, read 1,602,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio108 View Post
PDQ is not the same as PD Qix.
That's right! I knew it was something like PDQ.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:47 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,763,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taynxtlvl View Post
the best seafood i've found is 'shuckers' up in wake forest. Kinda pricey, but i'll readily admit it's some of the best seafood i've ever had away from the beach. Captains stanleys is good just wish it were closer to my home
+1

Old 07-17-2012, 05:51 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,376,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
The best seafood I've found is 'Shuckers' up in Wake Forest. Kinda pricey, but I'll readily admit it's some of the best seafood I've ever had away from the beach. Captains Stanleys is good just wish it were closer to my home

Shuckers is pretty good. I was really surprised that unlike a lot of restaurants, they've actually improved in regards to service which was kind of shaky there in the begining. My only gripe is that (IIRC) they don't take reservations which can make waiting for a table on Friday or Saturday a bit of a chore.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:30 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,156,612 times
PDQ is a small chain now. But their menu looks interesting for fast food. But they will be sandwiched between McDonalds and Cook-Out with a Chick-Fil-A just down the street. Chee-Burger tried and failed just around the corner from there. Even hardee's couldn't survive there. I hope these investors are patient.

I too thought it was P.D. Quix when someone first posted what the new place was. I recall them from North Myrtle Beach...and was a little excited about trying them again!

But I will admit, I'd much rather have Captain Stanley's back. Fast food is abundant on every corner, seafood is not!

Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,539,413 times
I'm surprised captain stanley's failed. I liked that place!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:16 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,563,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
I like it, too, but I'm not at all surprised it failed. I ate there only 3 times since it opened and service was sub-par each time.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:44 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,842,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
They didn't get enough business to stay open, so I knew it was only a matter of time. No matter what time of day I drove by there the parking lot was mostly empty and they had strange hours from what I recall. We ate there a few times and when they first opened it was good, but the last time the fish wasn't served hot and was overcooked so we never went back.

Ruby Tuesday's was great until corporate made major changes to their menu that we didn't like so even to this day we no longer eat there.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,156,612 times
Honestly, if Ruby Tuesday and Captain Stanley's can't survive in that spot, this fried fast food joint won't either. I'll bet money on it. At least Ruby Tuesday has a nice salad bar. The entire chain revamps their menu at LEAST once a year. They've been doing that for a long time. These places in that area, need lunch AND dinner customers to make ends meet. Nothing has survived in the old Hardees building. That is a telling sign. Micheal Deans moved from a terrible location to that intersection and it wasn't long before the owners decided Raleigh needed anther Irish make believe pub. I'm not so sure the Falls of Neuse restaurant jinx hasn't moved up a few blocks from where the Ale House/ Tilted Kilt are. Those buildings were a black triangle for places to eat until Ale House moved in, and that is the worst performing Ale House in the state! Currently, they can't keep ANY wait staff. I think it's only a matter of time before they close that location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary